Login Image Display Issues

Hey all,

Testing out the 1.0.3 version of login-image (as part of wpmu rebranding) and having some display issues. First a .png with transparency (and a drop shadow on the text if it matters) is showing as an all black background. Also, the image (and I've tried a couple) seems to continually get placed too far to the left of the login section. Check out the screengrab to see what I mean.

*Edit* Screen grab comes from Chrome on Mac

• Aaron
    • CTO

Transparency isn't preserved through cropping/resizing in GD. Make it solid instead with the right color background, and you won't notice the alignment either.

The image size is different in later versions of WP, which I think causes the alignment issue.

In the plugin, try changing the css part to this:
    h1 a {
    background: url(http://<?php echo $current_site->domain . $current_site->path; ?>wp-content/login-image/login-form-image.png) no-repeat center;
    width: 326px;
    height: 67px;
    text-indent: -9999px;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding-bottom: 15px;
    display: block;
    }

• jozwikjp
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi guys,
    I was able to maintain the transparency while re sampling.
    I tweaked the code a bit starting at 175

$im_dest = imagecreatetruecolor (310, 70);
    imagecolortransparent($im_dest, imagecolorallocate($im_dest, 0, 0, 0));
    imagealphablending($im_dest, false);
    imagesavealpha($im_dest, true);
    imagecopyresampled($im_dest, $im, 0, 0, 0, 0, 310, 70, $login_form_image_width, $login_form_image_height);

If you could confirm it's AOK for you. Could you implement the change in the next release.
    Thanks
    joe

• apensyl
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I loaded this plugin and I'm having issues with the display of my logo at the login page. It is blacked out, as was mentioned earlier in this thread. I added a white background and reloaded, but the logo is still black. I noticed this is an old thread... any other ideas?

• apensyl
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Kept playing around and digging and found a file "login-form-image.png" in my wp-contents/login-image folder. Viewing the file, it was a completely black rectangle, as described above. I saved my logo file over this one (named it the same) and now it shows my logo on the login page. So I have a quick, temporary fix. I think. Can you tell me why that blacked out image was/is there? Is there a better work-around/fix?

Thanks,
    Amy

• Frank Warwick
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@apensyl I have the same problem,

rebranding-wordpress-mu-1.0.8.zip

And I am getting an "update available" message, I deleted all the 5 relevant folders in the plugins folder and added the 5 folders from the 1.0.8 release and I am still having the same issue, image comes out black and I keep being asked to update the plugin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.