login image from ultimate branding replace by wordpress logo after smush update

Hi there,

I have ultimate branding and smush pro installed. Login Image is enabled in Branding and after updating smush, the login image is replaced with wordpress logo. I have deactivated all the plugins and reactivated again still same result.

Thanks

Uc

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello uc,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The issue here seems to be caused by the Hummingbird plugin. The plugin - in order to leverage minification - is "caching" some content on the server temporarily. That includes CSS files which are altered by Ultimate Branding in order to replace that image.

To solve that issue, please access your server via FTP and then:

- go to "/wp-content/uploads/wp-hummingbird-cache" folder
    - remove all the files with .css extension

This should bring back your custom login image. The first load of the site after deleting files may be a bit slower but Hummingbird will rebuilt that cache and it all should be back to normal in no time.

I hope that helps!
    Best regards
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Uc,

Thank you for your feedback!

This sound's definitely like a bug to me. Could you please grant me a support access to your site? I'd like to check your setups's configuration in order to replicate it on my sandbox and investigate the issue so I could then forward a detailed report to Hummingbird developers (as I think it's strictly Hummingbird related).

You may grant me an access by following this guide:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I'd really appreciate your help on this so hopefully the issue would be fixed as soon as possible.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi uc

This will be addressed in next version. Meanwhile you can use this code to disable minification in login page:

add_filter( 'wp_hummingbird_is_active_module_minify', 'hb_deactivate_minify_on_login', 100);
    function hb_deactivate_minify_on_login( $active ) {
    	global $pagenow;
    	if ( 'wp-login.php' === $pagenow ) {
    		return false;
    	}
    	return $active;
    }

Regards:
    Ignacio

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Uc!

The simplest way to apply this code to your site would be to add it to the "functions.php" file of your current theme.

Secondly when the updated version is released will there be a conflict with this code

I'm not sure whether updated release will include exactly this code or some other "workaround" but most likely this code shouldn't interfere. In case it did caused any issues, you may just remove it from your "functions.php" file and all the changes it brings will be removed - therefore the fix included in plugin will take over.

Best regards,
    Adam

• uc
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Adam,

The simplest way to apply this code to your site would be to add it to the "functions.php" file of your current theme.

I am using Upfront - Panino theme. Do I need to create a child theme first

Uc

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Uc,

I hope you are having a good day.

Please use this nice plugin for snippet given by our developer. :slight_smile:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/

Another option is to create mu-plugin for this, to inject snippet on your end as mu-plugin, all you need to do is this,
    #1) Create "mu-plugins" directory inside /wp-content/ folder. If "mu-plugins" folder is already there then do not perform any action.
    #2) Now create file with .php extension in it( you can give it any name ) and wrap snippet inside <?php tag like this,

<?php 

add_filter( 'wp_hummingbird_is_active_module_minify', 'hb_deactivate_minify_on_login', 100);
    function hb_deactivate_minify_on_login( $active ) {
    	global $pagenow;
    	if ( 'wp-login.php' === $pagenow ) {
    		return false;
    	}
    	return $active;
    }

That's it. Let me know if you still face issue in injecting this.
    Kind Regards,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.