Login Image not saving

I've admittedly used only a few of the Ultimate Branding features and they seem to work except for the Login Image section.

I add a photo it looks like it is saved but stays on the WordPress logo and never changes.

If it matters I used the standalone Login Image plugin with the same image before I installed Ultimate Branding and that worked fine. The standalone plugin is currently disabled in the network.

I should probably also mention that I am running the Multi-DB Plugin with the 256 setup. Just in case it is one of those plugins that needs special instructions and I missed it.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Orangethermal

Thank you for posting to the Community!

Just to confirm Orangethermal. Is your image size 500KB or less and are you using one of these formats: jpeg, gif, and png?

I am not able to recreate this error on my side, so not sure if this can be related to the Multi-DB plugin. If at all possible to disable this plugin for a few minutes to see if this could be causing an issue, we can eliminate it as a plugin conflict. If the problem still persist you can also look at other plugins that might cause a conflict.

Look forward to hear back from you on the results and getting this sorted for you.

Have a good day!

Gina

• James
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I have Multisite running and the plugin will show the custom login image for just the main site. If I go to any of my sub-sites it reverts to the standard stock WordPress logo. The older image replace plugin was working fine until I upgraded to the new Ultimate Branding. However, everything else seems to be running smoothly.

• orangethermal
    • Flash Drive

Just to confirm Orangethermal. Is your image size 500KB or less and are you using one of these formats: jpeg, gif, and png?

8KB png image

I am not able to recreate this error on my side, so not sure if this can be related to the Multi-DB plugin. If at all possible to disable this plugin for a few minutes to see if this could be causing an issue, we can eliminate it as a plugin conflict.

I don't think I can just disable Multi-DB feature. From what I was reading in the Multi-DB section it requires a lot of effort to roll it back so not sure that is an option.

Will it cause conflicts if I disable that tab for images and switch back to the stand alone Login Images plugin?

• James

I don't think I can just disable Multi-DB feature. From what I was reading in the Multi-DB section it requires a lot of effort to roll it back so not sure that is an option.

Will it cause conflicts if I disable that tab for images and switch back to the stand alone Login Images plugin?

No! Don't do that! Yikes! Just wait. I'm sure a resolution will be coming soon. No one is sure if it is Multi-DB yet anyways. You'll cause all sorts of issues if you try to roll back. I think the new plugin will complain if you try to enable just the login image plugin. Patience, I don't think this is a big issue because they have the normal login image plugin code to look at and compare.

• James

Was this addressed in the ultimate branding 1.0.1 update?

No, sorry this was to fix the WYSIWYG editor and its issues with HTML. (Which IS fixed by this update). I'm sure they are eyeballing this one too. :wink:

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

It won't be anything to do with Multi-db so you can discount that. The plugin tries to create a directory in your standard uploads directory and store the updated login image in there.

Can you FTP into you site and see if it managed to do that? Are you having problems uploading images anywhere else?

• James

Ok, my install (Multi-site with multi-DB) I see the uploads directory and the logo sitting in there. It still changes back on only my sub-sites. Main site shows uploaded logo for login. My install is holding all media just fine.
    /www/wp-content/uploads/ultimate-branding/includes/login-image/

• Jennifer
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I'm seeing the same issue except that I'm not even seeing it on my main site. It also does not show the selected image in the admin - custom images tab. I select the file (23kb) and click save changes - but the image does not save.

This also worked perfectly before the update - Ultimate Branding imported the info from the other branding plugins that I was using - but not the login image...

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@jennifer

Ultimate Branding imported the info from the other branding plugins that I was using - but not the login image

No, it won't as the image location has been changed for this version to use the correct uploads directory.

@jason

I have the same issue where the login only shows on main website and not the subsites.

That's not the same issue, this thread is about the image not saving - but, have you merely activated or network activated the ultimate branding plugin?

• James

Mine is resolved. You have to re-upload the image and then save it. Clear your browser cache and you should be good to go! :slight_smile:

Also, try to upload it using a different browser, just to be on the safe side.... Your browser display just looks odd to me.

• orangethermal
    • Flash Drive

I am happy your issue is resolved flexserve.

However, I don't think we ever even had the same issue.

Mine was:

I add a photo it looks like it is saved but stays on the WordPress logo and never changes.

Yours was:

the plugin will show the custom login image for just the main site.

Notice, I never even got the photo to add to the main site. So your issue and my issue seem to be different things that are getting lumped together.

I have checked on multiple browser (IE9 and Chrome) and have cleared the cache each time before posting so I'm thinking this may be something I'll need to wait for more information or suggestions from Barry on.

• Jennifer

1.0.2 did not resolve my issue. I can not set the login image for the main site or any other site.

I select the file to upload (png, 23kb - this is the same file that I was using with the old login image plugin). Click save changes and I get the "changes saved" message - but the WP image does not change and the image does not get upload to the /wp-content/uploads/ultimate-branding/includes/login-image/ directory - it's empty

I have tried several browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox) and cleared all browser and server caches. And updated to the lated WordPress 3.4 release.

FYI - I can deactivate the Login Image from Ultimate Branding and reactivate the old image login plugin - and that works - the login image appears across all sites - but then I get the error message in ultimate branding that I need to deactivate the old plugin.

I even tried deleting the old login image plugin in.

Nothing seems to works. Any other ideas?

• Jennifer

HA! Problem solved! I'm not sure why this is an issue in this release but not the old plugin...

My original image file name use dashes instead of underscores I renamed the file to use underscores instead of dashes and it works perfectly!

(thought we were past that these days... :wink:)

Original: login-image.png (does not work)
    New: login_image.png (does work)

• James

HA! Problem solved! I'm not sure why this is an issue in this release but not the old plugin...

My original image file name use dashes instead of underscores I renamed the file to use underscores instead of dashes and it works perfectly!

Ok, slick find! Points rewarded!

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

That's very strange as the plugin uses the standard WP image creation function, and actually renames what you upload to a standard filename when it's uploaded.

Can you try uploading that image to your media library and see if it also works?

@bonmaklad

hmm I got similar problem. Nothing uploads or happens after pressing the save button... mine is 9k and .png it's only one word... hmm

Can you try the same? Also, can you check the permissions in your uploads directory?

• James

Barry,

This is what my path is that works:
    /www/wp-content/uploads/ultimate-branding/includes/login-image/login-form-image.png

Original File Name Uploaded: ProSiteLogo_Sm.png
    Size: 9.22kb
    310pxx70px
    I'm on WP 3.3.2
    Ultimate Branding 1.0.2
    Multi-site
    Multi-DB
    BlueHost Linux server

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@flexserve - yes, that's the filename that the plugin creates - all installs will have exactly the same filename

That's very strange as the plugin uses the standard WP image creation function, and actually renames what you upload to a standard filename when it's uploaded.

Can you try uploading that image to your media library and see if it also works?

• James

yep uploaded same image to media library and I have a fresh 3.4 install so uploads is a 744 << or whatever the standard is lol

Ok since crazier things are happening... try uploading same image. Make sure it meets size restrictions 310px X 70px and use all lower case letters in the name of the file. Make sure it's there via FTP. If not switch browser type, rinse, repeat.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.