Login popup password alignment and error

Wen clicking the course Signup button for a course you get a popup where you have an option to select 'Already have an account'.

If you select the existing account option you get a popup with Username and Password fields.

This popup renders fine in a web browser but on a tablet the password field is misaligned.

In addition the login fails as being invalid for an existing user in both a browser or mobile device. The login for the same user works fine for the standard Wordpress login page.

Please advise.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Lee! Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

The login form looks good to me on tablet simulator (see screenshot). Please post the screenshot of login form on actual tablet. So I can see the issue and try to give you a code to fix this.

For login attempts please grant me support access so I can test it on your website. You can grant support access by following the steps mentioned in this manual.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Take care and have a nice weekend :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Lee! Welcome back :slight_smile:

To fix login page formatting, I added following code in Admin > Appearance > Custom CSS.

#popup_login_form #cp_popup_password{
       clear: both;
    }

For user login I created a test user and tried to login with those credentials. I did get the error message "Username and/or password is not valid." but it let me login and did not redirected to any page. If you try once with valid username/password, refresh this page then you will see "Enrol Now" button instead of signup. Well yes there is issue one or another!

I also noticed that you have 33 plugins installed and active. It can be a plugin or theme conflict with CoursePress. Before digging into this any further, run a quick plugin conflict test mentioned in this "Flow Chart" section of this manual.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Lee
    • Flash Drive

Please explain how Coursepress could possibly return an error for something as simple as submitting a form, when the standard form works fine?

The change made has now resulted in the pass code field being misaligned in a PC browser and mobile devices.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Lee! Hope you are doing well :slight_smile:

I fixed the Passcode filed in signup form. Your free course dose not contain Passcode field so I missed it. Sorry!

For CoursePress login, it can be a plugin or theme conflicting with login process of CoursePress. CoursePress login form is different than standard login form it uses WordPress ajax to submit data and login a user. Also I am unable to replicate this issue on my test site.

I have run a quick plugin and theme conflict test mentioned in getting support manual ? This will help us find the culprit and then we can move forward to fix this issue or find a workaround for you.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

I avoid to deactivate plugins on your live website without having FTP access. We maximum ensure that our members online presence should not affect in any way.

If its okay for you to run plugin conflict test by us, then I will be more than happy to do it for you :slight_smile:

Look forward towards your response.

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

I deactivated all plugins, tested the login form of CoursePress and it worked. It seems to be a cache issue. I cleared the browser cache, deactivated/activated super cache plugin and deactivated the WooCommerce plugin. There is conflict with WooCommerce and CoursePress.

Please clear your browser cache and let me know if login still not working using CoursePress login form.

I also noticed you also installed WooCommerce and using marketpress. So which one you are planning to use Marketpress or WooCommerce ?

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Lee
    • Flash Drive

Sajid I am deeply concerned that there are now significant issues and changes to the site. I need to know specifically what you have done that has caused these.

Published courses are not rendering properly, only one renders in portrait on a phone, only 2 render on a tablet and only 3 render on a browser.

The menu now display the cousepress items, which had been tuned off.

A number of plugins that had been deactivates are now active.

You have not advised about the known Geodirectory plugin conflict I specifically asked about, but I see you reactivated it.

I need to know if anything else has changed.

As it is the site is no longer functional and that needs to be resolved ASAP.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

First of all I did not changed any settings on your website, neither in menus in any other place. To be precise here is what I did.

1. I deactivated all of your active plugins at once, tested with login form and it worked :slight_smile:
    2. Then I activated all plugins one by one to find the culprit.
    3. I specifically checked GeoDirectory and found no issue or conflict with CoursePress login form.
    4. As long as it was working so far so that's why I activated rest of plugins to check any possible conflict with other plugins.
    5. Finally I found login form issue with WooCommerce so I kept it deactivated.

Published courses are not rendering properly, only one renders in portrait on a phone, only 2 render on a tablet and only 3 render on a browser.

For me on FF browser on windows 7, its working fine (see screenshot). Please clear the browser cache of your computer. Is it on a specific browser or computer ? Also I checked you have another thread with same question and Ashok is helping you out there. I will contact him for more details.

The menu now display the cousepress items, which had been tuned off.

I did not enabled this option from CoursePress settings. However we can do disable these again.

A number of plugins that had been deactivates are now active.

Yep! I did activated some plugins for testing (with your permission) we can disable them from plugins menu.

Also the support access is not active now. Can you grant support access again so I can check menu options of coursepress.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Lee
    • Flash Drive

The problem is not resolved, trying to login with an existing account via the Courspress form results in the error message - 'Username and/or password is not valid.' Removing the Woopress plugin entirely made no difference to the error.

In addition, despite the error indicating a failed login when I check the student status in the back-end Coursepress student panel changes to indicate the test student being active on the site, as per the attached image.

The changes to the menu and other site functionality was caused by plugins returning to their default settings, including Courspress, it would be helpful to be advised that would happen in advance.

I have reactivate support access.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Lee! Hope you are doing goo today :slight_smile:

During troubleshooting and debugging, we have to deactivate plugins and themes. Also I see you have clone/staging version of your live website. It would be great if you grant me support access to this site so I can freely troubleshoot the issue, without messing up your live site. Or is it only happening on live website ?

Yes I noticed that part. Its assigning session to users but not redirecting after login due to login errors.

Look forward towards your response :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Lee! Hope you had a great weekend :slight_smile:

Its seems the support access has been expired on clone site. Can you please grant support access again on clone site ?

Look forward towards your response and thanks for your patience :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

After doing an exhaustive troubleshooting and conflict testing, I found the culprit. Its "Jetpack Only for Admins" plugin. Before beginning troubleshooting. I precisely cleared all cache from Settings > WP Super Cache > Content > Delete, then kept deactivated both plugins "WP Super Cache" & "WP Super Cache - Clear all cache" and cleared my browser cache.

On live website do exactly what I did on clone and it will start working. Let me know if its still not working and this time grant support access of live website too.

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.