Login redirect loop, can't get into backend either--help!

Hi there,
A few days ago my subdomain began a continuous redirect that I can't stop. I login to the main site and click to go into the backend of the subdomain, but it takes me to the frontend redirect. I need help sorting this out, I really don't know what happened. Thoughts?
Abbie

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Abbie

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Any of your plugin or active theme in that subsite is causing this.

Please deactivate all plugins from network admin and check if you can login in your subsite dashboard. If you can't then the issue is with the active theme. If you can, then activate plugin one by one and keep checking that which plugin is causing that issue.

Are you using any login redirect plugin or code? Then first deactivate that and check.

Let me know.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Abbie
    • Flash Drive

Hi there @AndrewTraub and @Ashok,

Your advice helped me narrow down the cause of the redirect loop--once I disabled a certain plugin it stopped. I've contacted the company I paid the plugin for and asked for their help, being the issue began when I gave them access to the subdomain it was installed within to fix another issue.

Thank you both for your help in the matter! I don't suppose you know if the support staff within this site helps in these sort of issues, meaning helping to fix them outside of their own products?

Abbie

• AndrewTraub
    • The Crimson Coder

I've found them helpful with general wordpress questions, so what I do is narrow down the area of where I'm having a problem and then ask a question related to "how do I do this" and they always have an answer or direct me to a plugin. I've not asked them for troubleshooting with a whole plug-in and think that would be beyond the scope of what they do.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi @Abbie

We do support for third-party plugins only if it is possible to fix in a short time. But if it needs to dive into the plugin code and customize a lot, we don't provide that.

But we do everything that is possible within our scope :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.