Login redirects to home page after activating bbPress

Login redirects to home page after activating bbPress. I can get there by typing in wp-admin/ and after going to the admin page and logging out and back in, seems to fix the issue until I close the browser and open it back up. Then the same thing happens. Suggestions???

Is it best to put bbPress on a sub-domain? I'm not going to offer it in my list of features for clients only as a service for them so it's okay if it's not directly connected. It would be nice to have a sso but not necessary. I don't want to get hung up on this. It seems like everything takes 10 times as long to trouble-shoot when dealing with mulitsite...no exaggeration!

Thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings janlfox,

Thank you for the question and I have no idea about the conflict with bbPress or why it is happening though it does sound cookie related.

Personally I do not try to make a single site a jack of all trades and master of none, I build where it specializes in the task at hand and then for some other major component sub site it is.

It seems like everything takes 10 times as long to trouble-shoot when dealing with mulitsite...no exaggeration!

You are spot on there!

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers, Joe

• Jan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks @aecnu, That's good advice. I was starting to lean that way and now will, with your input, build the forum on a subdomain. I have been working hard to get the plugin count down so this will help. - Jan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.