login screen w/o s2member payment levels

Hi will Multi-Network work just the same as Multisite. What are things that have issue. What abuout a llogin screen Wha about login screen. Wnt o do login w/o member pay lie 2Memeber.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Ryan,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for the question! Are you referring to this plugin here? https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-multi-network/

I don't have a lot of experience working with multi-networks, you might want to take a look through their forums on wp.org if you haven't already to see what issues others are running into.

Wnt o do login w/o member pay lie 2Memeber.

Not 100% sure what you're asking in this part?

I do know that we very rarely get issues reported here when members are using our plugins with Multi-networks. Plugins like our Pro Sites one will behave individually on each network within the multi-network. Which is how most plugins will behave far as I understand.

Hope this helps and look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• ITsupport

Thanks! As long as I can pull a multinetwork into the "Sites" screen on my menu with Buddy boss. I just want it to recognize the "network" as a site. Like it would recognize a multiste. Thats it.

Next. I want a login screen. like s2member. but not s2member because their are payment levels and I have a free site.

lots of going back and forth with 1-2 days between response. It's not you, YOU responded. And I love this service. just putting this down and my questions are pretty straight forward even when hardly legible.

Thanks!!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Ryan,

Sorry for not getting back to this sooner, I know you mentioned delays in your last post too :slight_frown: sort of just proving your point here, occasionally our support feeds to get quite backed up. We have just hired 2 new support staff as well, so that should help speed things along as they get through their training :slight_smile:

As for your question, with Multi-network your networks should dropdown in a separate dropdown, so you can select the network then once inside a network you can select the sites - you are wanting the network to show in the sites dropdown instead?

And for customizing the login form, you could use our Ultimate Branding plugin and the custom logo module, network activate UB on each network.

Or, you could try a plugin like this one here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/login-customizer/

Would need to be network activated on each network.

Hope this helps! Apologies again for the delay. Talk to you soon Ryan!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• ITsupport

Tyler, so you are saying that it needs to be activated on each network individually because that is what my network is. MultiNetwork. Each site is a Network. It works. But this is important to me and it is the one thing I'm unsure of. What plugins need to be activated network wide and what don't. for ex: youthfootballoakland.mysite.com is a network and it's only site. So what needs network activation. Does Ultimate branding? or can I activat that network at CLCShare and have it go accross all networks.

• ITsupport

O.K. Great Tyler! Great! So why we are at it could I clarify setup with you? Incompatibility of plugins unrelated even to MNet setup are causing me to second guess when one paragraph confirmation and I can start getting these kids all this free game film storage.
          OK. This is where we utilize the MU plugin folder right. Is it MultiNetwork and BPMN in the MU folders. Then network activate buddy press in the second site. BPMU is only activated once in the MU folder correct? Then each Network site has Buddy Press Installed and Network Activated correct? And so then what plugins can you network activate? One's like Akismet that dont take much interaction? How will the Wall figure into this and how should BuddyBossMedia be activated, can it or should it be activated Networkwide on each individual Network site?

The Domain Mapping Plugin, is it needed. And are you saying the DM Plugin has a file like Sunrise to act in its place? Pleas aid with that. Thank you. I just know what I have learned so far. Setting up the MN and Sunrise.php.

The redirect code and where to implement it is a question, the code that Jude gave me here:

Here is some code that can help with this. It checks if the user is a member already ( if they are logged in) other wise it sends them to the Network home page

add_filter('the_content', 'redirect') ;
          function redirect ($content) {
          if (!is_user_logged_in()) { wp_redirect( network_home_url( )); exit; }

return $content;
          }

Here is also code for Avatars vs Gravatars to work. BuddyBoss uses Avatars and so is this issue corrected in BuddyPress yet?

$dir = __DIR__ . '/../uploads';

$uri = get_bloginfo('siteurl') .'/wp-content/uploads';

define( 'BP_AVATAR_UPLOAD_PATH', $dir );

define( 'BP_AVATAR_URL', $uri );

I think that might do it Tyler. I see everything else working.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Ryan,

Hope you're doing well today!

BPMU is only activated once in the MU folder correct? Then each Network site has Buddy Press Installed and Network Activated correct? And so then what plugins can you network activate? One's like Akismet that dont take much interaction?

I don't have much experience with BuddyPress multi-network, I believe you are correct though. Each network will have it's own separate BuddyPress install, but as you likely saw on the BPMU page, they still all share the same user database.

Akismet you shouldn't have any problem network activating either.

How will the Wall figure into this and how should BuddyBossMedia be activated, can it or should it be activated Networkwide on each individual Network site?

I haven't used BuddyBossMedia myself, that's a good question for their support - I'm thinking it will probably be good to network activate on each individual network though.

The Domain Mapping Plugin, is it needed. And are you saying the DM Plugin has a file like Sunrise to act in its place? Pleas aid with that. Thank you. I just know what I have learned so far. Setting up the MN and Sunrise.php.

You will still put sunrise.php in the /wp-content/ folder as usual :slight_smile: that should work fine. Then network activate DM.

Here is some code that can help with this. It checks if the user is a member already ( if they are logged in) other wise it sends them to the Network home page

Are you having any issues with this code? I think you may have forgot to link to the post you received that code, not sure exactly what your question is. Or just mentioning it for the benefit of others? If that's the case then thanks :slight_smile:

Here is also code for Avatars vs Gravatars to work. BuddyBoss uses Avatars and so is this issue corrected in BuddyPress yet?

Thanks for sharing the code. Haven't used BuddyBoss myself, so not sure on whether there has been any fixes around that.

As for the wrong lines in WP, nice catch :slight_smile: are you able to login fine now? Not exactly sure what caused the wrong meta.

All the best,
    Tyler

• ITsupport

Crazy right? Well we are looking at it and would love to have you take a look at the MultiNetwork in a bit. Turns out Keymaster was left but admin was gone. just backing everything up now from database's I backed up on the down low (haha).

Michael enabled your Domain Mapping which is cool but need to activate MN and BPmn network wide, so we'll see... check out what he's done in this thread

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/sunrise-update-group-sync-others-fb-groups-pinani-as-bp-mn-theme?replies=22#post-887689

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.