login to retrieve your saved info

During the checkout page, there is a message that says "login to retrieve your saved info." When I click on this link, it says the page is not created. I looked in the settings for Pages, but did not see this option.

Where do I create this page and it's content. I assume its content should be automatically generated somewhere.

Thanks, Joe.

• joejacobson
    • The Bug Hunter

I see this setting for MarketPress:

Force Login: Whether or not customers must be registered and logged in to checkout. (Not recommended: Enabling this can lower conversions).

I have it set to No.

Where is there reference to just "see products"?

Thanks, Joe.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Paul asked me to take a quick look in here.

How come you have /wp-login.php disabled? Is this something in your theme or plugin?

Basically our plugin is sending your user to that page and it's been removed so naturally they get a 404. You need to ether redirect correctly or reinstate the file.

Thanks.

• joejacobson
    • The Bug Hunter

Thanks for your reply. I hadn't thought about this. It might be related to a security plugin where I changed the login url. I'd like to keep this setting as an additional level of security.

Is there a place in your plugin where I can specify the new login? I'm not sure how to do that, so please provide some guidelines.

I know that this security plugin also added many lines to the .htaccess and wp-config files.

Thanks, Joe.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

I don't understand what security reason there would be for removing the login url especially if you need people to log in and you redirect them to the login.

If it's for Brute-force attempts then surely the hacker/cracker would simply try the revised url?

The code uses wp_login_url() which is a WordPress function to return the systems url for logging in:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_login_url

So whatever the plugin is doing it would be breaking standard WordPress behaviour rather than modifying it.

There are 4 instances within the code of this function and one direct link which you can search for.

/marketpress-includes/template-functions.php Lines 489, 540, 1166

When using Forced login line 503 for wp-login.php

/marketpress.php line 1000

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.