Login trouble

For some reason Wordpress.org doesn’t recognize any of my credentials and I can’t get into my account from Wordpress no matter how many times I change my password. The only way I’ve been getting on is through my Bluehost account. When I enter my login information into my admin screen it says “Invalid Username” however when I reset my password it emails me my username. I am 100% sure I am entering the correct info. Please help me find out what is going on here. Thank you.

• Prathamesh Palve
    • Staff

Hello Andrew

I’m sorry but I’m not completely clear on your question because you’re mentioning WordPress.org in your question but I see you have different domain selected for this ticket, is that selected site where you’re having issues to log in?

Can you re-check the capitalisation of the username or try the email instead of username?

If that doesn't do the trick, then you can create a new user by adding the following snippet in functions.php in your active theme folder

function add_admin_acct(){
    $login = 'USERNAME';
    $passw = 'PASSWORD';
    $email = 'EMAIL';

if ( !username_exists( $login ) && !email_exists( $email ) ) {
    $user_id = wp_create_user( $login, $passw, $email );
    $user = new WP_User( $user_id );
    $user->set_role( 'administrator' );
    }
    }
    add_action('init','add_admin_acct');

Please ensure you change USERNAME, PASSWORD and EMAIL, username and email can’t be some that already exist on site.
    Visit the site homepage so that the code gets fired up and then remove the code.
    Go to wp-admin and log in with the new account.

Please write back to this thread in case you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Regards,
    Prathamesh

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.