Login with facebook button translation and customization

Hello folks, I would like to know how can i translate the "register" an "login" with facebook outside the php directly... i did it directly on the plugin but if i update the plugin the translation (as logical) disappear...

Another question is that if is possible to change de button image or something for a more customized an beautifull image..:slight_smile:

Thanks in advance

• aecnu

Greetings Carlos,

Thank you for the great question.

You would want to make the applicable adjustments to the wpmu-dev-facebook-default.po file located in the \wpmu-dev-facebook\languages folder.

How this is done the general answer is here:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress

Here's what I do when translating a plugin called myplugin:

I use PoEdit. Make sure to go into File->Settings->Edit and check "Generate .mo file on save".

In the myplugin folder there's a myplugin\languages subfolder. There you'll find the myplugin.po file that aecnu referred to.

In PoEdit load the .po file.

Save with the proper name for the language you need, ie. myplugin-it_IT.po

Now translate each string in the catalogue.

Save.

You will now have the two files myplugin-it_IT.po and myplugin-it_IT.mo.

FTP the files into the subfolder myplugin\languages on the server.

Assuming your site language is set to Italian the plugin strings should now appear in Italian.

That should do the job for you.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Carlos,

Sorry to see that you have not had success with this to this moment.

After reviewing what we have here in this ticket and looking into the plugins files itself, I would have named my translated file to be wpmu-dev-facebook-default.mo to see if it indeed does the job. Just try renaming your current files as indicated above and let me know.

If it does not do the job for us I will see about getting the lead developer in here to give us the clue on the syntax for the Ultimate Facebook plugin translations.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Carlos,

Thank you with baring with me as we go through trying to figure this out.

We have come to the end of the ideas I have and therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us and perhaps a solid syntax for the translations for Ultimate Facebook.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav

Hello,

Some of the strings that appear with the plugin come directly from Facebook, and the ones you mentioned are among them. The plugin will give its best to automatically request the appropriate locale from Facebook, but this automatic negotiation doesn't always yield the best results. In such cases, you can explicitly tell the plugin which locale to use - you can do this by setting the "API Locale" dropdown to the language you wish in the plugin settings, under "Facebook API" section.

• aecnu

Greetings Carlos and Vladislav,

@Vladislav thank you Chief for chiming in and letting us know this because I obviously had no idea that these items were coming from Facebook direct and thank you for that information.

@Carlos It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.