Login with Facebook Configuration for Events+

Hi, are there some detailed instructions available as to how to configure Login with Facebook for events+ ?
I have created my app based on the instructions in the Events+ documentation but I'm getting an error on the OAUTH screen:
"Invalid Scopes: publish_actions. This message is only shown to developers. Users of your app will ignore these permissions if present. Please read the documentation for valid permissions at: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/permissions"
I have checked support for detailed instructions but can't see anything suitable here. I have enabled support access on this site.
Thanks,

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Grant

I hope you're well today and thank you for reporting this.

Apparently, Facebook deprecated the "publish_actions" permission and no longer allows using it. According to their explanation, all apps created after April (I think about 24th) weren't accepted (to be pushed live) but those created before that date would continue to work up until some date of this year.

I think this is something that would require update on our end as in order to allow authentication via Facebook it has to be done without requiring this permission. I'm not sure about technical details but I have reported this to our developers as a bug so they could look into it.

Please keep an eye on this ticket in case we had any additional information for you but also make sure that the plugin is kept up to date as any fix for that would most likely be released as a plugin update.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Grant
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Adam, just while we are on topic, are you able to advise me whether it's posible to switch on an admin notification (an email) when someone confirms, or changes their status for an event?
    Checking this inside post editing (the best place I've been able to find) feels a bit clunky, as does downloading a CSV everytime I want to see who has registered. Is there a best practice I can leverage for managing attendees, and getting notified of their status? Thanks,

• Adam Czajczyk
      • Support Gorilla

Hi Grant

Yes, please go to "Events -> Settings ->Add-ons" page and find "Email: send notification on RSVP" add-on. Once you activate it, go to the "Events -> Settings -. RSVP Notification Email settings" page.

You'll be able to select whether notifications should be send for all "I'm attending" or only for paid events and if they should be send to site administrator or event author (a user who posted an event) or both.

You can also specify email "From" name and address, subject and, of course, create notification message.

It only sends notifications for "positive RSVP's" though, meaning "I'm attending" but not other actions. But if someone updated from any other status to "I'm attending" it should notify you as well, I believe.

Best regards,
      Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.