Login with Facebook in /wp-login does not work

When logging in via /wp-login, the ajax is reloading forever and does not automatically take to the home page. It shows the loading icon. Although when you refresh the page, you are directed to the home page and logged in.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey facebuko.

Can you please confirm which version of WordPress and Ultimate Facebook you have running.

Can you also deactivate all other plugins running, then test again. If the issue goes away, then re-activate each plugin, one by one until the issues comes up again. You will have found the culprit causing a conflict.

Can you also try with the default "Twenty Eleven" theme to ensure it is not a theme conflict.

Let us know how you get on. :slight_smile:

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there! :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see how things are going with this one and if you need any further help. :slight_smile:

We haven't heard from you on this thread for a while. So I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

This is not resolved!

Ah I wasn't to know as I responded a week ago with:

Can you please confirm which version of WordPress and Ultimate Facebook you have running.
    Can you also deactivate all other plugins running, then test again. If the issue goes away, then re-activate each plugin, one by one until the issues comes up again. You will have found the culprit causing a conflict.
    Can you also try with the default "Twenty Eleven" theme to ensure it is not a theme conflict.
    Let us know how you get on. :slight_smile:

But didn't see a reply.

I see Phil also responded:

That error is likely due to a plugin or theme conflict.
    Please disable all other plugins and revert to the default theme to check if that is the case.
    Thanks,
    Phil

Anyway, seems theses are all the same issue, lets deal with it all on the following thread:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/error-in-post-editor

So I'll close this thread and the one with Phil and point both there. I'll respond on there shortly.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Re-opening thread as issues are in fact not related.

If you are on the latest WordPress and the latest plugin version, can you please follow the usual to investigate:

Is it possible to have a link?

• facebuko
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I think we should rename the topic,

"the ajax is reloading forever and does not automatically take to the home page. It shows the loading icon."

my primary issue now here is that ajax is reloading forever in Chrome, Safari and Firefox and does not redirect to whatsover so that the user is notified that it has successfully logged.

yeah sure that user's being logged if you refresh it but it's not user-friendly.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

I tested in chrome originally and it redirected me.

Not sure if you noticed, but we also had a new release recently, version 2. Have you tried this on?

I've just posted again, this time by logging in with Safari....

I wonder if there is some browser cache issue, perhaps installing version 2 might help refresh that.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.