Login with Facebook Thumbnail On Shared Post

Title sounds very confusing but I can't express the issue in a few words so here it is.

Everytime my posts are shared on Facebook using the app, the thumbnails shows as the "Login as Facebook" button and not using one of the post's photos.

Need help fixing this or a way to add this feature.

• aecnu

Greetings dchen,

Everytime my posts are shared on Facebook using the app, the thumbnails shows as the "Login as Facebook" button and not using one of the post's photos.

Need help fixing this or a way to add this feature.

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to:

a. put it into consideration for future development

b. see if we can possibly help you hack it in for the moment

It might take a bit longer than useful but I'll see if I can get the lead developer in here to assist / give you some advice... in the meantime if you could post the results / problems you've come across doing it yourself here that would definitely help too.

Alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute, but we're aiming to get you sorted ourselves.

Thanks again and it is great to have you as a WPMU Dev member.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Vladislav

Hello,

Do you have OpenGraph support active and set up? If not, this plugin feature should be able to help you. To set it up, navigate to your plugin settings, select "Facebook OpenGraph" step and check the "Use OpenGraph support" checkbox.

The most interesting settings there in this context are "Always use this image" and "Fallback image". If you set up "Always use this image" field, this is the image that will always be used when your posts are shared on Facebook. If you leave this field empty, the plugin will try to use featured images of your posts. If it can't find featured image, it will use the image you set up in the "Fallback image" field.

Also, once you set this up, you may notice that your newly shared pages still use the old, wrong image. This is happening because Facebook caches your pages for certain time period. To reset this cache and make Facebook use your new images, you can use this tool: http://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug Entering the URL of your page in the Debugger and processing it will reset the cache and the subsequent shares and likes should use your new images as thumbnails. Processing your pages with this tool will also give you an opportunity to see your pages the way Facebook sees them, so it's quite useful.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.