logo image confusing

Not really a fan of the logo upload "feature" in the Gallery theme. No idea what size logo I'm suppose to use. No documentation on this at either.
When I upload an image, say 207x207 then the cropping area is a rectangle about a third of the size, and only gives me a cut-out of the logo image. When I upload an image that I think is the size of the cropping rectangle (so that the whole logo shows) say 95x95, the cropped image becomes huge (400x375) and distorted and basically an enlarged version of a smaller image.
So what exactly is the logo image size supposed to be so I don't have to crop it at all?
Also, a png with transparent background now displays black where it was transparent. If this is something that has to be addressed via css then you should state that.
Can you please help, I'm spending way more time on this than I should be, It's just the logo.
thanks

• bkeller99
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for answering Phil, but no I mean the Logo image.
    In the Gallery Theme configuration panel on admin page select "Home Page". Just above the Slides area is the Logo area. Go ahead and try it you'll see what I mean. Try smaller images and larger images. There doesn't seem to be any happy middle ground.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

Pngs do not work we're looking at a solution for that. However other images will crop to size. But, you need to make sure you have NO other plugins on as we could have a plugin clash here. The logo is 400 x 100 if you want no cropping.. haven't a clue where the 375 is coming from.

• bkeller99
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Tammie,
    I just went ahead and incorporated it in my background image. I have a unique top banner as part of the background and without the transparency it didn't look good so I just incorporated it with the background and that way I don't have to worry about messing with css to get the right placement of the logo.
    thanks for getting back to me.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.