logout link does not logout and redirect

On the top right of the theme, there is a buddypress menu. When you click on logout, it does not log you out. It just keeps you logged in and brings you to the homepage. I am using the logout redirect plugin and have it set to log out to wp-login.php. It does that when I logout from the dashboard, but not from the menu above. Please tell me how to correct this.

• mavellino
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

HI Phil,

I deactivated the plugin and it still brings me back to my homepage. When I activate it, it brings me to the same homepage and keeps me logged in at the top.

It is ignoring the plugin. I want to have it logout to my login page. When I finish this test mode, I will have the main domain url pointing to login page, will it work then without the plugin? Why does it not go to the file I am overwriting in the settings for the logout redirect plugin?

Thanks.

• mavellino

HI Phil,

What would I change on line#18 to redirect to the login.php page?? Here is a copy of my line#18:

<li id="li-user"><?php _e('Welcome back', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?>, <a>/wp-admin/profile.php"><strong><?php echo $user_identity; ?></strong></a> / <?php $mywp_version = get_bloginfo('version'); if ($mywp_version >= '2.7') { ?> <a>"><?php _e('Log out', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?></a> <?php } else { ?> <a>/wp-login.php?action=logout" title="<?php _e('Log out of this account', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?>"><?php _e('Log out', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?></a> <?php } ?>

thanks

• mavellino

HI PHil,

Can you explain to me what the link is supposed to do? And why does your Logout Redirect plugin does not override it? What is the plugin redirecting from if when I put the login.php link in the Settings>General Redirect logout box? Before I get a developer to help me, please explain why this theme can not be be simply modified to have a logout redirect. Could you see if Ritchie the theme developer may be able to help?

Thank you.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

The link takes people to the standard WP logout URL. The plugin affects what the user sees *after* they’ve gone through that standard URL.

As the theme uses the standard logout redirect that’s not something we’d change. Otherwise, we’ll break many people’s sites.

Phil

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we’ll get onto it and helping you out asap!

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.