Looking for a good lightbox/popup plugin that allows page content to appear in lightbox

Hello :slight_smile:

I am looking for a lightbox/popup plugin that will allow me to do the following:

lightbox pops up when hovered
content of lightbox can be drafted in wp editor
clicking the image does not open the lightbox

I have been toying with the idea of xyz, but since it is a premium plugin, I wanted to hear from y'all before I make a purchase.

Essentially I want to create a mosaic image menu that behaves like a mega menu with flyout features. I have explored many mega menus and can't find very many that operate outside of the wp menus, which I don't want to use.

In a perfect would I would have two rows of three images, which I can build, and each one would open upon hovering to information related to that page.

I hope that I have not just talked in circles here.

Please let me know if there are other lightbox/popup plugins to play with that might solve this for me. In summary, I want the popup to appear when image is hovered, which sounds a bit like tooltip, but not when clicked. I am unsure if a megamenu or lightbox plugin is the right road.

Thank you all so much!

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Mandy,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

We do have Pop Up plugin but it won't fulfill all of your requirements as it doesn't display on hovered and multiple pop ups on single page.

You can try using any of the following plugins to achieve it but i think it doesn't support mouse hover event instead it supports click event. To make it work with mouse hover event and not click event you have to develop custom code like displayed in the following reply.

http://stackoverflow.com/a/5254694
    http://jsfiddle.net/markcoleman/trnZS/2/

Alternatively you can achieve this without using any plugin but the default WordPress gallery and the CSS code defined on the following page.

http://wpbtips.wordpress.com/2013/07/31/mouseover-images-lightbox-style/
    http://panosdemos.wordpress.com/2013/05/26/mouseover-overlay-lightbox-style/

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Mandy

This gives me somewhat of a direction but I think I might not have been completely clear on what I want to achieve…typing these things out, especially without completely knowing the lingo, can be a bit difficult. Thanks for working through it with me!

I like the information that allows you to hover the word and call on a picture. If you can hover the word and have the href be a photo, could you also have it be a page that is built? Would that somehow work?

I have also seen sites where you can click on a link and the lightbox opens up to another website, like if one were trying to showcase their portfolio work of sites they have built but want to keep the viewer on their site. Yes, I just added a question to that because I think that might solve some of what I am trying to sort out.

Basically, I like the way that a megamenu allows you to structure text, links and images in order to be able to showcase more of the site in a smooth manner. What I would like though, is to have no main navigation on the top and instead have six images (3 per row) that overlay with text. When they hover those I want something like a mega/flyout menu to appear. This means that I might be able to achieve what I want with a flyout/mega menu as well. I know that some of the paid plugins allow for images to be added to the menu item but all that I see in the examples for those plugins are text next to icons, not photoshopped images like I am wanting to achieve. I hope that this is making sense.

I thought of using a megamenu plugin that allows for up to three menus per page and utilize two of them to get the picture that I want. I know, I might have to alter the vision of this that I have based on my current skill level (I am still learning :slight_smile:.

I suppose that another option would be to go with the double flyout/mega menu on one page, add custom css styling that would make the menu font and height bigger to achieve something similar to what I want, remove any padding between them, give them a textured background (is there a way to add background images to the navigation bar?) and achieve what I want in the flyout buildout….

If you have any more input, please let me know. Especially if you can let me know which plugin I can use to be able to lightbox links (when clicked) into a light box that actually opens another webpage, like one that I have built.

Thank you all a million for your ongoing support and insights, they are invaluable!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.