looking for a plugin

Hi,

For this website my client wants a feature where every time they download a pdf they have to add there name , email & phone etc... and this info should go in a database.
For example on below page
http://www.tools4frp.com/mould-release-systems/
if somebody clicks and download Application Instructions.pdf they have to add the details mentions above.
do you provide a plugin to archive this. if not, what are my options.

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there Sundeep,

How are you doing today?

It would really depend on what exactly are you aiming to do with the info of those users and do you want that shown somewhere separately.

We don't have a specific plugin for this but I guess Membership 2 could be a potential solution, what you could do is protect the that link with membership protection shortcodes (wrap the pdf in content with protection shortcode) and require users to register/signup for a specific membership in order to see that. You can also use BuddyPress xProfile fields to add phone as one of the required fields in the registration.

This membership can be free and automatically applied to all registered users, if you want to have those users separated then I guess you can create a "standard" membership instead of a "default" one ("default membership" is being applied automatically to all users once they register, "standard" one on the other hand is membership for which users have to sign up to) and have all those users separated so you know which ones actually signed up to downloaded that pdf.

As users are being added to database by default you'll have those users and that information in the database.

Could this work for you?

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.