looking for a recommendation

A few people need to collaborate on a project. I would like to know if someone can recommend a few different plugins for this.

A project sample might be that they take an application, and each member of the team has a task to do with that application ( person submitting a request to join for example). One task would be a background check, another might be a call to check credentials etc. They do their task, and sign off, and the next person takes up their task. Each member would have to be able to post their results and others would see it.

If not a plugin, then perhaps a small forum where only they as members would be able to login… suggestions?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @eddierosenthal

I hope you are well today.

I would recommend our membership plugin for this, you could create the pages and make them visible to your members/staff only, and if you change their content rights you could enable them to add data to that page themselves.

Another possibility would be a forum as you mentioned, you could use a mixture of either our forum plugin found here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/forums/ and the membership plugin.

You could instead use buddypress to act as a sort of very small social network along with our membership plugin to restrict access/content.

When you say “person signs on takes up their task, then they sign off and the next person signs off” would only one member be allowed on at a time?

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and have a great weekend!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• eddierosenthal
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

i have downloaded installed the membership plugin.

But now not sure this is the right solution.

There are 32 registered users, and all the content currently on the site is visible to everyone, with a few protected pages,

i want to enable membership for only four members, and create a page where they can post their content. how do i begin enabling that?

right now i have before me on the dash

Standard membership site.

Dripped content site.

Advanced.

and have not enabled membership yet.

ed

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @eddierosenthal

I hope you are well today,

You will most likely want the standard membership site, but you may not want to use the membership plugin, but it’s best for protecting content.

How do they post their content? Front-end form which gets saved to the database and is shown as a link or something else?

You’ll want to create your access levels, so one for visitors and then one for your members, possibly one also for your other users that aren’t going to see the members content. You’ll need to choose either positive or negative rules, you could do advance and go with both but use that with caution.

Once I know some more about how the content will be posted and displayed I can help some :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @eddierosenthal

I hope you are well today.

Thank you for your additional clarification which is certainly appreciated.

In your case, I would recommend you go with the Membership plugin and set up your access levels and subscriptions. If you go ahead with that and get stuck anywhere or need any assistance with anything, please don’t hesitate to ask, We’re here to help :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards

Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.