Looking for a specific set of plugins...

I want to set up a documentation project that pulls news from various locations based on the sub-directory. The site will be wpmu with focus on business, networking, and technology. So a sub-directory called tech will be created that house documents I and others create along with news and product ratings specific to technology. Same for business, networking, etc. What I'm having a hard time finding are the right "type"? of plugins that will allow this. I came across the Article Directory plugin and theme and it looks really good. I just need to test it on WPMU. So I'm wondering what other plugin suggestions, if any, would anyone have for making this a succeful project? I hope to allow authors to upload and their works in addition to having a discussion community sub-directory running BuddyPress or some other forum.
Would anyone be able to recommend a "typical" list of plugins to get me started?

Any responses appreciated.

• nusolutions
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Project URL: http://nubiint.com

Phase I: Design complete. Satisfied.
    Phase II: Plugin integration. Current list:

Theme: Article Directory
    Function Specific Plugins:
    Article Directory
    Google Sitemaps & Analytics
    All in One SEO
    Contact Form 7
    FCkEditor
    Enhanced Contact Form
    Dynamic Content Gallery
    Flexi Pages Widget
    Google News Widget
    My Page Order - My Deactive & remove
    Page Category Plus
    Page Links to
    Post Page Associator
    Quick Adsense
    SEO Friendly Images
    SEO Smart Links
    SEO Title Tag
    Widget Logic
    WPMU Category Mapping
    WP-PageNavi
    WP125

Will give Autoblog a read. Any recommendations for "Standard" admin plugins?

• Kirk Ward
    • Syntax Hero

Is it possible to set a different style setting for each wpmu website?

(1) Create a copy of the theme
    (2) Change the name of this new copy in style.css and by renaming the folder to the same name.

You now have a "new" theme

(3) Edit the colors in the theme. These are usually hex (the items marked with a # sign)

Do them one by one, look at what you've got each time you make a change, Revert if you don't like it. Keep doing this until you are happy with what you have. Look at http://accountingpractitioner.com for an example of what can be done. (Click on "Choose YOur Look" at the top of the left sidebar.) CSR-001 through CSR-007 are all the same theme with different colors.

I suggest you also download a color picker to help you pick colors. Make sure it has a "drag" tool to help you get the hex and rgb values of any mointor color you like. I use the "Huey 1.9" color picker, but it is getting harder to find, and may be hacked at this age.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.