Looking for a suggestion here please. What all I need to acomplish my required gaol?

I want to use pro-site - with manual payment mode as well as Paypal gateway. I also want memberships that might span across multiple sites or just particular site or sites. I am using cube points - I also want something like that these reward points are recognized across multiple sites - not necessarily all the sites.

Few websites will be like core sites (our own) to be allowed all plugins, themes and only other sites should be under the control of Pro sites.

What are the suggestions - I mean which themes and plugins should I go for

• aecnu

Greetings Pawan Arora,

Thank you for the great question which is certainly appreciated.

You would want to use the Pro Sites plugin as you mentioned, the Membership plugin as you mentioned, plus the Ultimate Facebook plugin for those that want social input.

Lets add to that the Events+ plugin for those that want to add events to there sites, and the Appointments + plugin for those that want to make appointments on their sites.

With that said lets also make a directory using the Directory plugin or the users have that option and I think we should add Classifieds as well therefore the Classifieds plugin.

Lets not forget about e-commerce with the Market Press plugin which brings to mind one time shots at downloads, videos, and perhaps PDF's with the Pay Per View plugin.

We will also need to allow for Domain Mapping plugin for those that want to allow for those who want to use their own domain.

I would also consider installing all 160 themes and the other 139 plugins here on WPMU DEV and those in the Word Press repository as well.

That should definitely do the trick and insure that I did not miss anything.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Pawan Arora

Thanks Joe

Thanks for being there for us.

I want to use pro-site - with manual payment mode as well as Paypal gateway. I also want memberships that might span across multiple sites or just particular site or sites. I am using cube points - I also want something like that these reward points are recognized across multiple sites - not necessarily all the sites.

Few websites will be like core sites (our own) to be allowed all plugins, themes and only other sites should be under the control of Pro sites.

My query probably was which particular plugin can be used for which particular task? Installing everything will ensure I have everything - but I need to know which plugin gives me what?

For example I want to use pro sites - I had a different notion before using it but now I am struggling on how to use it, for example:
    1. manual payment,
    2. few sites to be excluded from pro site - it include my own site as well and expects I should first pay and few more

So that is why I was kind of asking - which all plugins will deliver "what all" in realizing my dream site?

Kindly help me from that angle, and yes I am new - so probably I assume I have few chances left to ask stupid questions as well - until I am on my own.

Thanks a ton joe.

• joan_donogh

You have the option in ProSites to make a site's membership permanent (or extend for a specified period of time). In your Network Admin panel under Sites click on the Prosites link under the site you want to manage and there is the option below in a box titled "Manually Extend Prosite Status" Selecting the "Permanent" checkbox will make the site permanent with no PayPal payments. You can do this for any sites that don't have to pay, and also for those that will be paying manually, as their site status would have to be managed manually (as far as I know there is no plugin for that - the plugin can work with different payment gateways, but manual-offline payment would have to be managed manually).

• aecnu

Greetings Pawan Arora,

Thank you for your kind additional input and to be spot on we will need to address each one as you get hung up with the challenge each plugin will present if you have not worked your way around it or through it.

Earlier I gave such a broad answer because sir there was not a specific answer the very broad question you proposed.

joan_donogh is spot on with the answer for dealing with your own sites and extending their permissions.

For each unrelated item/issue with different plugins, open a ticket and we will answer them in the order in which they are received.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.