looking for a taxonomy filter plugin

Hello all,

I’m searching for a taxonomy filter plugin. I found what looks to be a perfect plugin for my needs: http://codecanyon.net/item/taxonomies-filter-widget/4282257

I would have no problem paying the $16 for the plugin, except that I am not familiar with the developer and have concerns that it may cause problems or not be maintained.

Also, I’m new to WPMU and wanted to see what the community had to say. I’ve looked through the available plugins from WPMU and can’t find anything applicable. If there is a plugin here that I can use, can someone direct me to it? If not, is this a project that WPMU would take on?

Thanks in advance!

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

thanks for the post.

i haven’t come across any like the one from codecanyon. it does look pretty compatible, & supports custom post types & formats.

codecanyon have been around for quite a while so i think updates will be available for a long time yet.

the ones i’ve seen on WP org are compatible to 3.4.2 which means development has stalled or dropped.

hope this helps.

thanks.

• jason_crawford
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thank you guys so much for the feedback.

@george,

Thanks for the recommendation. I could probably make that plugin work, but I would be more than happy to go premium for the additional functionality and slick appearance of the one from CodeCanyon. The various filtering options and compatibility with custom post types will make my life much easier.

@vaughan,

I’m not very familiar with CodeCanyon, but it looks like it’s simply a marketplace for other developers. That being said, the guy selling this plugin doesn’t have a long history with CodeCanyon or very high rankings in his various “badges”. If I’m missing the boat on something, please let me know.

Thanks you both again. Definitely gave me some things to think about.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.