Looking for advice for a choosing a new theme

Hey everyone
An Elegant themes theme I've been using isn't responsive so I need to change it.

It's a membership site with lots of articles, so it needs to be a magazine style of site but also it has lots of wpmudev plugins: membership pro, buddy press, forums and directory.
So I need a theme that will work with all wpmudev plugins.

Ideally I'd like a theme that won't need css editing - for example I spent a great deal of time improving the look of the directory; making it look part of the site so I'd really rather not have to go through that again.

Any advice welcomed.
Thank you!
Jane

Website is http://www.mumsclub.co.uk

Adam Czajczyk

Hey Miss Jane,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I've visited your site to get a better picture of what you wish to achieve. I must say the page is impressive, I believe you've put a lot of work in the customization!

That being said, it would be really hard to point you to one particular theme (either ours or 3rd-party) that would suit your need out-of-the-box. Complex designs, especially those installs with a lot of plugins, usually do require some custom job (at least CSS customization) and I'm pretty sure that switching theme will also require it in this case.

However, you may want to give our Upfront based themes a try as those themes are made to be edited and customized mostly in a "point-and-click"/"drag-and-drop" way.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/introducing-upfront/

Having said that, despite the "drag-and-drop" interface there might be some CSS customization required. The bright side is that most of it can be done via the built-in CSS editor or/and with a plugin such as "Simple Custom CSS".

If you have any further questions, I'll be glad to help!

Regards,
    Adam

Miss Jane

Hi Adam

Thanks for the reply. I have indeed spent a lot of time on editing it, it's just a shame that I have to start again.
    So, I've already installed the spirit upfront theme and I'm now duplicating the site onto a dormant domain so I can play with it properly and see how the directory and forums look with it.
    I must say the upfront themes do look superb. I've had a play with the demo and it seems fairly straight forward.
    Thanks for your help!
    Jane