Looking for an easy way to use and implement Hummingbird.

I tried using Hummingbird but found it challenging to get it working. It seemed like there were a lot of instructions as to what I need to do. I guess I was hoping that Hummingbird would automatically make (at least most) of the modifications that I need to make, automatically. I used WP Fastest Cache and found this to work well and it set things up basically all on it's own. Is there any way you can help me use Hummingbird so it will help to speed up my sites, yet not require a lot of extra work on my end? Let me know what's possible.

Thanks,
Gary Gordon

• Luís

Hi garymgordon ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Hummingbird is not a "plug and go", it require some configuration to work well, as all the other similar plugins like WP Fastest Cache.

The important configurations to make are:

1) Browser Caching

To enable the Browser caching you just need to access to Hummingbird -> Browser Caching and click in the button "Enable Caching".

2) GZIP Compression

Like the previous feature, to enable the GZIP Compression, you just need to access to Hummingbird -> GZIP Compression and click in the button "Enable Compression".

3) Minification

The Minification section requires a little more work to put everything working properly, because in this section you can include/ exclude files, minify and/or combine them, move the position where they are loading from the header to footer (and vice verse) or keep the original position defined in the plugin.

I mentioned this can requires a little more work because some plugins can not work well when minified or when we change the load position, so, after enable this option we need to check if everything is working as expected.

However, I need to mention that, Hummingbird don't have a full page cache feature as WP Fastest Cache, it only have "Browser Caching", so, both plugins should be used alongside to a proper optimization.

Also, WP Fastest Cache have some similar features as Hummingbird, like Minification, Browser caching, etc, so, you should use these options in one plugin only in order to avoid conflicts. If you enable these options in Hummingbird, you should disable them in WP Fastest Cache.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.