Looking for help trying to find a way to add an editable

Looking for help trying to find a way to add an editable XML type spreadsheet to a clients website.

I found a wordpress plugin called dxhtml or something similar, but it doesn't allow formula's to be added and kind of misses a lot of features. Not to mention, the plugin hasn't been updated in 2 years.

Client is trying to track daily sales, devices sold, accessories sold, etc. Currently they use a Windows server and allow their store locations to VPN into the computer to edit their specific spreadsheet for the store. Trying to simplify this.

Thanks for the help!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey David,

Hope you're doing well today!

Thanks for your question.

Looking it up, I think the only solution I found was the same as the one you did. https://wordpress.org/plugins/dhtmlxspreadsheet/

Are you using MarketPress? You could use this plugin here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/marketpress-statistics/ it hasn't been updated in awhile but looks like it could do what you're after, sales reports.

We're also planning on adding more sales reports features to MarketPress 3.0 which is nearing release :slight_smile:

If it's a different platform, mind sharing which one it is?

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• David
    • The Crimson Coder

Tyler,
    When you say platform, you lost me? This is a wireless communication store (a rather large one) and they are needing to track their sales. They have their own corporate software, but management needs to calculate commission rate based on products sold in store.

-Devices Sold (handhelds)
    -Accessories Sold
    -Plans sold
    -# of customers serviced.

It doesn't have to be in a spreadsheet either, but I'm not savvy enough to create a script to do what I need it to. Basically we just need daily and monthly sales to show with the net totals of each day for each category for each sales associate at each store.

Thanks,
    David

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @David

I hope you are well today.

As they have their own software, so I think you have to develop a plugin for this. I don't think any plugin can adjust automatically with that software and get the data.

You can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ Please note that, no WPMU official staffs are allowed to work in the job board.

Cheers
    Ash

• David
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Ash. Thanks for the reply.

I am not needing the software to tie into the clients other software. I just need a place for each employee to type in and record their own data that management can review to push commission bonus'.

Thanks,
    David

• calvinrogercanas
    • New Recruit

Hey there @David,

Hope you're well! :slight_smile:

May we know the data/s that the management is expecting from their employee? Maybe we can suggest a plugin that may help you save time and budget but I think you still need to customize the plugin to meet your client's needs.

Best Regards,
    Calvin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.