Looking for ideas on how to handle RTMedia attachments in Apppresser view

Hi - we are using Apppresser to turn our buddypress site into an App. There is a known conflict with RT Media, in that when RT Media is activated, the ajax spinner doesn't work on the App - so we blocked RT media from the Apppresser Child theme we're using. Fine.

Here is the problem, and where I need ideas. When users post documents on the website - they are inaccessible on the App, because RTMedia is blocked, and the documents are stored in an RT Media folder (example path: https://healthcomspringboard.org/members/raj/media/documentname/ - that media folder is part of RTMedia).

Do you think there is a way to grant access to that RTMedia folder via a function on the apppresser child theme? I'm trying to figure out how to handle this - another ideas is to have a message pop up when a user clicks on the document that says 'documents can be viewed on website". Any ideas? Thanks!

• Marla

Thanks Kasia,

I have moved in a different direction with this, hopefully you can help.

I have enabled RTMedia again - so attachments are opening fine.

The reason I had it disabled because it was interfering with the "spinner" that you get on menu items. It's a class called 'ajaxify' and it's built into the Appresser Theme.

What I did was add the .spinner CSS to the Child theme - and voila - it works - I no longer just get a black box, I get the spinner - you can see it here: https://healthcomspringboard.org/activity/?appp=1

However, on the app - no spinner - just a black box when you click on a menu item.

This is the css code:

.ajax-spinner .spinner, #buddypress li.load-more a .spinner {
        height: 40px;
        width: 40px;
        margin: 3px auto;
        position: relative;
        animation: 0.6s linear 0s normal none infinite running rotation;
        border-width: 4px;
        border-style: solid;
        border-color: #FFF rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.15) rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.15);
        border-radius: 100%;
        display: inline !important;
    }

I thought display: inline !important; would override RTMedia's css, which for the spinner is display: none.
    But like I said, the spinner isn't showing on the app. Any idea on how to force this style on the mobile app?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.