Looking for Portfolio Solution

My client wants to move away from her current theme because it is technically unsound, but we need to maintain some key features, namely the custom post type used in the portfolio. The theme demo is here http://themeforest.net/item/converio-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/9466052.

Her requirements are:
- A grid portfolio display with thumbnails, heading, and summary in a mason grid.
- Individual portfolio post with the body, featured image, project summary, skills set, and an associated testimonial.

A) Is there a theme and/or plugin you have that can do this for us?
B) Is there a way to import the information within her current portfolio into your so that we are not rebuilding everything?

Thanks

• Nastia

Hello @Desmond Stacy, I hope you are well today!

Thank you for your question.

A) Is there a theme and/or plugin you have that can do this for us?

I can suggest to try the Upfront theme with 6 starter themes you can choose from. In Upfront you can customize the theme as you wish by using drag & drop elements.
    You can have a grid gallery display and a portfolio post as well with a featured image

In case you haven't tried the Upfront yet, please see our live Upfront version here in edit mode:
    http://demo.upfront.pro/

B) Is there a way to import the information within her current portfolio into your so that we are not rebuilding everything?

The information is already on your WordPress site, you can just switch the theme template and customize it. Once you upload and activate the selected theme, activate it from the Dashboard > Appereance > Themes.

We always suggest to create a backup before making any major changes on your website in case if something goes wrong. You can back up and restore your website by using the Snaphot Pro plugin

Let us know if you require any further assistance!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• WPMonkey

A - Would I create a custom post type in UpFront? We need project summary, skills, and testimonials as custom fields for each of the portfolio items. We want them to display in the same was a the in the link I provided to you. Plus the grid display of the portfolio would need category filters. Is that possible.

B - I think you misunderstood me, yes I realize that all content will remain, but right now the portfolio items appear to be custom post types that are supported by the current theme. I know the body of these will carry over potentially, but what about the custom fields information per portfolio post? Can I important the portfolio items without losing data?

• Nastia

Hello @Desmond Stacy, I hope you are well today!

A - Would I create a custom post type in UpFront? We need project summary, skills, and testimonials as custom fields for each of the portfolio items. We want them to display in the same was a the in the link I provided to you. Plus the grid display of the portfolio would need category filters. Is that possible.

With Upfront you can create a custom page/post by using text element and modify the text as you wish.
    For portfolio Grid Display, with Gallery Element you can create tags for each image (you can link the image to the post) to give it a Mansory look. In Upfront you have a flexibility to adjust the size, the ratio and the padding between the thumbnails.

If you will need any help with Upfront modification, we will be here to assist you.

B - I think you misunderstood me, yes I realize that all content will remain, but right now the portfolio items appear to be custom post types that are supported by the current theme. I know the body of these will carry over potentially, but what about the custom fields information per portfolio post? Can I important the portfolio items without losing data?

I'm not familiar with Converio theme. You can create a development test site, copy all the content from the main site and switch to default Wordpress theme to see if the information from custom post type will be there.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you require any further assistance!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• WPMonkey

With Upfront you can create a custom page/post by using text element and modify the text as you wish.
    For portfolio Grid Display, with Gallery Element you can create tags for each image (you can link the image to the post) to give it a Mansory look. In Upfront you have a flexibility to adjust the size, the ratio and the padding between the thumbnails.

I'm confused, would the images be separate from the posts? This is the portfolio that we want to replicat - http://merryann15b.alpinewp.com/portfolio-2/. It has the featured image thumbnail, post heading, and categories in a mason grid and then opens each portfolio post with additional fields (skills, testimonial, etc.) I'm not clear if the gallery that you're talking about is just for images or for post snippets.

And are you saying that I need to custom build each portfolio post instead of having a template or custom post type to work from? That seems like a lot of manual configuring and losing the advantage of using a theme.

• Nastia

Hello @WPMonkey, I trust you are well today!

In Upfront case to create a Mansory grid portfolio, like it's shown in the link you provided, you can do it with the Image gallery element, and link each image to a post.

And are you saying that I need to custom build each portfolio post instead of having a template or custom post type to work from?

The upfront has basic templates in the directory, you can use those. Each child theme has different template styles (There are 6 child themes - Spirit, Fixer, Spirit etc.). But in case if you wish to use your own template, you will have to build each portfolio page separately.
    The Upfront Theme is still in beta stage, and saving custom templates are considered as a next step for developing.

Let us know if you require more information!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.