Looking for suggestions with the CHAT plugin

I'm trying to have the best config for http://www.teachercast.net/tclive/

My audience has been complaining of three issues that i'm hoping you can help me with.

1) Can we set the plugin up so that "ENTER" submits to the chat window instead of hitting the button on the bottom right
2) For some reason, when you click to pop out the chat box, it's not showing the chat in the pop out.
3) Tonight, we noticed that the chat was taking up to 30 seconds to populate in the chat window.

Thank you for the help with these issues.

• Milan

Hello teachercast

How't it going ? I am going to answer your questions inline for ease and clarity. So let's go one by one. :slight_smile:

1) Can we set the plugin up so that "ENTER" submits to the chat window instead of hitting the button on the bottom right

You can disable send button from Chat > Your Chat Preference > Message Input > Chat Message and Send Button > Send Button Enabled > Disable. If you disable send button for chat widget, your user will be able to send message with Enter Key :slight_smile:

2) For some reason, when you click to pop out the chat box, it's not showing the chat in the pop out.

Please include page link where I can check this issue in action. :slight_smile:

3) Tonight, we noticed that the chat was taking up to 30 seconds to populate in the chat window.

Our Chat plugin is quite resource consumerist. So Could you please add this line in your wp-config.php file to increase memory and then check ?

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Just note that you should include above line just above line saying in file “That’s all, stop editing!”

Let me know how it goes for your 1st and 3rd question. And for 2nd one please include page link. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hearing back teachercast :slight_smile:
    Cheers,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.