Looking for way to ask for less information and for a way to export all orders.

I'm working on a conference's website. On the site, we are selling merchandise that has the conference logo on it. The users will pre-order their merch on the conference website and pick it up at the conference.

I have three issues/questions:

1) Is there a way to limit the amount of information we collect? Ideally, I would like to only collect the user's name and e-mail address. We use PayPal as the payment processor so I don't need to collect anything else on the conference site.

2) Is there a way for me to export all orders into a list? I'd like to be able to export out all sales to a printout that we can use at the merch table at the conference. That way people can bring their ID and their order confirmation e-mail and then we check it off a list and give them their merchandise.

3) Lastly, is there a way to send the order notification e-mail to more than one e-mail address? I try added multiple e-mails into the field separated by a comma but it just errors and says it's not a properly formatted e-mail.

Thanks!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Ryan,

Hope you're doing well.

1) Is there a way to limit the amount of information we collect?

There's no option to do this directly in the plugin, but if you add below code as mu-plugin that should do the trick:

add_filter( 'mp_checkout/address_fields_array', 'mp_remove_billing_address_fields', 10, 2 );
    function mp_remove_billing_address_fields( $address_fields, $type ) {
    	if ( $type == 'billing' ) {
    		$allowed = array(
    			'billing[email]',
    			'billing[first_name]',
    			'billing[last_name]'
    		);
    		foreach ( $address_fields as $key => $field ) {
    			if ( $field['type'] == 'complex' ) {
    				foreach ( $field['subfields'] as $sfield ) {
    					if ( ! in_array( $sfield['name'], $allowed ) ) {
    						unset( $address_fields[ $key ] );
    					}
    				}
    				continue;
    			}
    			if ( ! in_array( $field['name'], $allowed ) ) {
    				unset( $address_fields[ $key ] );
    			}
    		}
    	}

return $address_fields;
    }

2) Is there a way for me to export all orders into a list?

You can use a plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-all-export/ to export your orders as CSV file and track your orders that way.

3) Lastly, is there a way to send the order notification e-mail to more than one e-mail address?

Email field only accepts one email so it's not possible to send it automatically to multiple addresses.
    What you can do is use your email service to do this.
    Pretty much all of the email services, like GMail, offer advanced settings for email filtering so you can forward specific emails to one or more addresses.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.