LOOKING FOR - WP - Date/Booking Calendar

Folks, I'm trying to install a "booking calendar" for my users. Something that can be simple - yet effective. I found this one: http://onlinebookingcalendar.net/ but I gotta tell you - it's just too darned expensive. BUT holy smokes - it sure is packed with features.

Is there anything out there that compares without the crazy price tag?

• Timothy Bowers

Wow $1170 for the hotel version........

We do have an events plugin coming, perhaps that will be of some use:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wpmu-dev-2011-a-look-back-and-a-sneak-peak-into-the-future/

I also helped test some of the features recently. :slight_smile:

Probably not as feature packed as their most expensive version, but then it doesn't carry such a high price tag either. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• BigCat

Hmmm, problem is - we're not using buddypress.. .just MU
    Truth be told - I'm trying to create a fully Facebook/Twitter integrated WordPress MU site that is intended for an entire city of 80,000 people. Eventually allowing bowling leagues, non-profit groups, clubs, neighborhoods and even local government to create a single Blog site.

Or at least - that's the plan.

If anyone is interested in participating in this - I'm open to collaborative assistance and eventual partnerships as well. i know I can't do this alone - and I'd much rather invite experienced WP Admins - even if they aren't local.

So ya - that's the plan.
    Right now I have a blogger who wants to include a booking calendar for his hypnotherapy practice.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey BigCat,

If anyone is interested in participating in this - I'm open to collaborative assistance and eventual partnerships as well. i know I can't do this alone - and I'd much rather invite experienced WP Admins - even if they aren't local.

I'm sorry but it wouldn't be something which I would get involved in. I'm already far to busy. :slight_smile:

Good luck with it all though. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• BigCat

"... If anyone is interested in participating in this - I'm open to collaborative assistance..."

Yes, you're correct - an open invitation to anyone reading to comment if they WANT to participate. It has nothing to do with being rude - it's a text message inviting participation, not rejection.

Don't get me wrong... I absolutely appreciate the support you've provided. And I'm excited to see how the booking plugin turns out...

And don't think for a second that I intended it to sound pissy or angry or anything like that. I just can't figure out why someone would say "no thanks" when someone asks for interested people to comment. If it was a chat room - I could understand - but in a support forum? "sorry - i'd like to support you but I"m far too busy supporting people." It just seems "odd" I guess.

• Timothy Bowers

Well in the past when people have made similar requests on a thread (not just here but in the many OS projects I've worked in over the years) and I had not answered they then come back again with a comment like "So you don't want to help then" or "are you not interested".

So no I don't think it odd at all. I simply try to leave no loose ends wherever possible.

So rather than leaving you hanging I thought a simple no be better.

A thread is a conversation of sorts. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• BigCat

I give up... You're right. You must be very busy sending "no thank you's" to every article you read and every thread that gets posted. No doubt responding to every classified ad in the newspaper must also take up an extraordinary amount of your time.

Dude - unless you haven't noticed - you have the word STAFF on your avatar. Imagine just for a moment that you are a paying customer. Now imagine that you have a project on which you've worked very hard - and you turn to the company that you are PAYING to help you with development.
    In fact - they've put IN WRITING that paying their membership fee - "is like paying to have your own development team working for you." NOW Imagine that a member of that team (ie; STAFF) responds with "I'm too busy to help you".

So now that you've destroyed any possibility of this thread getting ANY KIND of positive response to either the original question, or the later invitation to collaborate; Is there any way you can help by deleting the all of the mindless drivel we've spent the past 4 hours discussing? That would be swell... in the mean time - I'll go start looking for somewhere else to throw my business's money. Who knows - perhaps I might be able to afford that other expensive plugin after I stop paying to be told how busy YOU are!
    OH, and just a point... someone marked this RESOLVED. HOW THE HECK IS THAT POSSIBLE? Not a single question I was asked has been answered or even addressed. What kind of crock is that? "Too busy to help - but happy to mark it resolved.?"

• Timothy Bowers

Your quoting me out of context now. I was referring to being to busy for your collaboration and partnership.

I'm open to collaborative assistance and eventual partnerships as well. i know I can't do this alone - and I'd much rather invite experienced WP Admins - even if they aren't local.

And I already answered your first question by telling you that we have something in the works which is on the way soon.

You may also find something else you need here:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tags/event-management

Have a great day!

• aecnu

Greetings BigCat :slight_smile:

with all due respect sir you are in a support forum not a soliciting forum.

I have yet to figure out your Question that has not yet been answered?

We told you about the "Booking Calender", what we had to offer, and that a future project addressing this is in the works.

rozani kindly offered his suggestion but of course your not using Buddy Press so that will not work for you.

WPMU Dev is your non exclusive Support and Development Team but not your clients nor potential clients.

With all this in mind and being your support team, what is the problem that you are having sir that has not been resolved so that we may get it resolved and get this ticket handled?

Joe :slight_smile: