Looks like password for smtp will not saved

Hi,

Enter the password and test work. After saving the settings, the password field is blank and the test does not work anymore. This is also in the settings for the Bounce mails.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Rainer

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @rainer_maechtlen, hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I checked on my test site and SMPT credentials are saving successfully and test email is also working. Can you please run a quick plugin and theme conflict test mentioned in "Flow Chart" section of this manual before digging into this issue any further.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Take care and have fantastic day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• rainer_maechtlen
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Sajid,

I deactivated all PlugIns except eNewsletter and switched the theme to Twenty Fifteen. Still the same result. I am not able to save the SMTP Password or the POP3 Password in Bounce Settings. I checked it in 3 different Browser and deactivated LastPass.

Greetings
    Rainer

• rainer_maechtlen

due to an event this weekend I had to go online with the site. For this reason, I had to change to PHP-Mail. That's a workaround for now.

The password in Bounce settings can not be stored as well.

There is also a test site available on which it can be examined. I am happy to send the account for the test site.

Greetings
    Rainer

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Rainer! Hope you are doing good today and thanks for granting support access :slight_smile:

I logged into your website and did following things with no luck. I tried to add my own test SMPT credentials (gmail), deactivated/reactivated plugin, deleted this plugin and installed a fresh one using WPMU DEV > Plugins, deactivated your theme and tested with default theme with no luck.

I am still unable to replicate this issue on both of my test sites. Can you test it on fresh wp install. Install a fresh WordPress with no default plugin, theme & settings and try saving the changes. You can install WordPress by using cPanle one click install option easily.

If its still not working on fresh WP install then enable debugging and copy the content of error_log here.

To enable the debugging mode of WP modifying following define in wp-config.php file of your WordPress root.
    Form:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    To:
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• rainer_maechtlen

Hi Sajid,

I'm sorry to say that it does even not work with a clean newly installed WordPress. I enabled the debugging mode, but there is no error_log created.
    I grant the support access on the new Website.
    Very strange, I have no idea.

Have a nice weekend.
    Rainer

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Rainer! Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Its really strange! I am going to flag our SLS (Second Level Support) for their valuable feedback on this matter. Please bear in mind they solve more complex and technical issues so their response time may little slower than normal support.

Take care and have a great weekend :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @rainer_maechtlen,

I hope you are well today.

This is really weird issue, I will need more information for further debug. Can you please send in:

- Mark to my attention - ATTN: Hoang Ngo
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include cPanel
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Thanks!!.

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @rainer_maechtlen,

I hope you are well today.

I've done some updates on your site, the password saving seem working fine now, can you please check?

Also, I will check with the developer about this, it's happen on the encryption function, the error I found is
    mcrypt_decrypt(): Key of size 15 not supported by this algorithm. Only keys of sizes 16, 24 or 32 supported
    So I update the code in file /e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/class.functions.php

protected function _encrypt( $text ) {
            if  ( function_exists( 'mcrypt_encrypt' ) ) {
                return base64_encode( @mcrypt_encrypt( MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_256, DB_PASSWORD, $text, MCRYPT_MODE_ECB ) );
            } else {
                return $text;
            }
        }

/**
         * Decrypt password (SMTP & POP password)
         **/
        protected function _decrypt( $text ) {
            if ( function_exists( 'mcrypt_decrypt' ) ) {
                return trim( @mcrypt_decrypt( MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_256, DB_PASSWORD, base64_decode( $text ), MCRYPT_MODE_ECB ) );
            } else {
                return $text;
            }
        }

To

protected function _encrypt( $text ) {
            if  ( function_exists( 'mcrypt_encrypt' ) ) {
                return base64_encode( @mcrypt_encrypt( MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_256, md5(DB_PASSWORD), $text, MCRYPT_MODE_ECB ) );
            } else {
                return $text;
            }
        }

/**
         * Decrypt password (SMTP & POP password)
         **/
        protected function _decrypt( $text ) {
            if ( function_exists( 'mcrypt_decrypt' ) ) {
                return trim( @mcrypt_decrypt( MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_256, md5(DB_PASSWORD), base64_decode( $text ), MCRYPT_MODE_ECB ) );
            } else {
                return $text;
            }
        }

And that fix the problem :slight_smile:
    If you have any issues please don't hesitate to let us know so we can assist.

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @rainer_maechtlen

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry for the inconvenience. It seems it got slipped in this release. I am flagging developer, so they got notified and it can be added in next version.

Meanwhile you can apply the same patch and it will start working for you :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.