Lost formatting on update of Avada theme 4.0.3

Our content boxes and button are pulled to the left in some cases. Since the update of Avada theme. I think we are on WP 4.6.1.

Do you have a solution to correct the issue?

Link to site: http://lighthouseinternationalgroup.com/home/
The site is on Maintenence mode at the moment. If you message me back and I'll take it off.

  • Dimitris

    Hey there Adam Wallis,

    hope you're having a beautiful day! :slight_smile:

    Could you please provide us access through the WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin? You can find details here https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/.
    Also, please provide the exact buttons and content boxes that have this issue.
    (no need to deactivate the "maintenance mode" by doing so)

    Please keep in mind that as Avada is a premium theme (and a complicated one) it may require some extra time for us in order to get to the bottom of this (hopefully this won't be too much for us and won't surpass the scope of this support forum).
    Having said that, did you try to use the Avada support forum? They may be a lot quicker than us! :wink:

    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

  • Adam Czajczyk

    Hello Adam!

    Thanks for granting access.

    I checked your site and it seems to me - judging upon both class names and CSS width used - that the "content boxes" area looks like it was set to six columns instead of fours. I suppose it should be fours instead.

    It seems highly unlikely to me that Avada would make such a change "automagically" upon update but there's one other issue that bothers me:

    I tried to check the homepage by editing it via site's backend and I was "bombarded" with warnings generated by Avada, mostly suggesting that its "functions.php" couldn't open some file. That leads me to the point that I'd start with downloading the same Avada theme that you are currently using and tried to update the theme "manually" on the server by uploading its files to the Avada folder in /wp-content/themes.

    That'd be the first step, just to make sure that everything got copied and is up to date and that no errors occurred during updates.

    Also, I think it would be very important to insist on Avada support to take a look at it. I think you could also go to your current homepage edit screen in the dashboard and pass all these errors/warnings to them. I'm not sure whether they are related but that looks quite "suspicious" and since I'm not familiar with Avada's code and code principles that may be better shot.

    A very quick but also an extremely "dirty" workaround would be to add this CSS to the custom CSS of your site:

    .col-lg-2 {width:24%!important;}

    This should set proper column width and "visually" fix the issue however I'm not sure if there'll be no other unexpected implications so if you decide to go this way, please make sure that you let Avada support know that you used that as a temporary and "quick&dirty" workaround.

    Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.