Lost in translation regarding usage

I do have some questions regarding the membership and chat support. Currently I'm the one who pay for the wpmudev membership to use the chat plugin on a clients website; but near completion and at the end of the day my client need to pay for the membership to use the chat plugin and get the support, right? As far as I know my client is planning to split the site in 2 Domains at the end.

Q1: What exactly is needed to use the chat plugin on 2 websites? Some special membership options?

Q2: How to do the switch of the wpmudev membership for the chat plugin the best way? I'll cancel "my subscription" and my client needs to register new?

Q3: Second question regarding your terms and conditions:
"As a member you are granted an inalienable right to own and continue to use all plugins and themes that you have downloaded from WPMU DEV. Whether you are a current member or not, all plugins and themes will continue to function “as is” regardless of if your membership expires.".
That means, that they also can legal use your chat plugin "as is" without a membership and support and updates? That's the part where I'm lost in translation.

Thanks for your help!
Cheers, Frank

• Jude

Hey Frank

Here are answers to your questions

1) You can buy it once and use it on both sites for the monthly and yearly memberships, the single plugin can be registered on only one site ( soft limit ) .

2) Yes that can work, or you can keep it in your name and leave it active on your clients site. That way you can use this on other sites too.

3) Oh yes .. they wont get support or updates. Otherwise they can use it perpetually with no restrictions as per our licenses.

If you want some specific advice on moving memberships then contact our accounts experts. Select "I have a billing question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned correctly. Some one from our accounts department will get in touch shortly

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.