lost my main menu and slider

I started working on speeding up my site today - and all of a sudden I lost my main WordPress menu and also my top slider doesn't slide.

I had so far done the "leverage browser caching" - which I turned back off but that didn't help.

And also "remove render blocking resources" - I though I was just running the "check" - but it seems to have actually run and now I don't now how to undo it.

Help!

Elise
http://www.nmi.org

Elise

Okay - so I turned off Minification and got my menu and slider back.

So my question now: when it says "Check Files" - I assumed it was going to show me what was possible and let me do them one at a time. However - it seemed to minify ALL of the possible files all at once (which caused my problem).

That doesn't seem intuitive to me - because I had 23 scripts it was trying to minify - and I would have had to go through and check each one individually to see which one was causing the problem - rather than being able to try them one at a time.

I didn't want to have my entire website without a menu while I tried to go through 23 settings to see which one was causing the problem!

Any ideas here?

Thanks.

Elise

Luís

Hi Elise ,

Hope you're doing well today!

When you do "Check files" or "Re-Check files" it display all the scripts/files you can minify or combine and update the info and flowchart.

However, some files can not play well when minified or combined, so, if you are getting issues, you will need to find which file or files are the culprits.

Try start by disabling the minification of the theme files (.css and .js) and also the files from the plugin used to create the slider.

If you have doubts or dificulties, can you give us access to your admin panel, so I can give you some help?

If you don't already know, please, follow the link below, to see how enable the staff login:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

When you enable this option, please post again!

Cheers, Luís