Lost region upfront builder CSS

We are trying to build a theme from scratch using the builder. After adding CSS to a region container, saving the theme and exiting out of builder, the css code seems to stick whenever we check a page.

When we try to get back in, we can no longer see the code we created. There is however a physical file saved in /element-styles/region-container/single-page-2-main-content-style.css; but it seems builder is not loading its contents.

Can you please help?

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Jonathan,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. I tried to regenerate this on my test site but I could not. To regenerate the issue, I created a theme in Builder, then added a new region, then added some custom CSS code in that "Edit Region CSS" section for that region and saved. Then I saved that theme, activated that theme on my test site and totally closed Upfront Builder.

Then I opened another tab and loaded Builder to edit that theme, I went to settings for that region and clicked "Edit Region CSS" button and surprisingly, I can see all my custom CSS code there I saved in previous session.

So I think, this is your site specific issue. Can you please make sure your website directory has proper permission defined for each file and folder? According to WordPress codex, all directories should be 755 or 750 and all files should be 644 or 640 in permission. Can you please confirm your files and directories have this? If no, please change them according to this and let us know if your issue gets resolved or not.

If you confirm that your file and folder permission on your server is okay but you are still getting this issue, then I can actually tell you better about the issue if I can see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please confirm here when you are done granting Support Access. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Jonathan
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Rupok,

We just granted support access to one of our staging site and left a rather long note.

We did not pursue anymore the solution on local region's css disappearing. What we did instead was to make the regions global. Changing the permissions did not help and we were forced to reinstall another instance of our project. We think that the system is rejecting css code (with correct syntax). You will find this on the note we left on the dashboard's support page.

I am not 100% sure if the new issue we just raised is related to the region's CSS issue. From what I remember the system does save the code in the elements-style directory, but the system is just not loading them when we get back to them via upfront's builder. If builder can save and read most files - why can't it do the same for region CSS that aren't set as global? There must be a certain condition that your system is checking similar to the new issue we raised.

At any rate, we hope you could help us.

Thanks.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hey Jonathan,

It seems like the support access got disabled, so I'm not exactly sure what could be the issue here. I could see that you are using Upfront Builder v1.1.4, please update the plugin to the latest version(1.1.6) so that we could give a closer look.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.