Lost whole site customisation in Upfront > Fixer

Hi I've spent 2 days customising a site with Theme Tester on for Upfront > Fixer

After unchecking ThemeTester and activating the Theme - All of my customisations are gone.

If I put them tester back on and go 'Upfront' I cant access and I get the spinning login screen. Please help.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @wiredstudios,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Is this the plugin you're referring to?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-tester/

It's been last updated 3 years ago and is confirmed to work with WordPress up to 3.5.2 version. I suppose it may be working with newest WordPress and some simpler themes still but I wouldn't risk using it with any new and complex theme.

However, our Upfront theme is a whole different story. It's not a regular WordPress theme and it's not organized and structured the same way as regular ("standard") WP themes. It's designed to be used solely via front-end visual editor. All the customization data is stored inside database and assigned to specific pages/posts/content types. I think Theme Tester may have broke these associations.

That said, I tested the plugin on my site with Scribe and Twenty Sixteen theme. Upfront didin't break and my customization were carried all the way. Here's what I did:

- keeping Scribe (Upfront child theme) disabled I enabled Twenty Sixteen theme
    - I enabled Theme Tester
    - enabled Scribe
    - made some customization and save it
    - while keeping Theme Tester enbled I switched back to Twenty Sixteen
    - disabled Theme Tester
    - and then enabled Twenty Sixteen.

I was able now to see my customized Scribe-based site both as an admin and as visitor and I was also able to edit it with Upfront editor. I think you may want to try to replicate the steps I listed above and hopefully it will bring back your Upfront instance back to work again.

Let me know if it helped, please!

Best regards,
    Adam

• wiredstudios

Adam,

I'm pretty sure that it was somebody on this site that suggested I use ThemeTester

Secondly I did exactly those steps and as I mentioned I can no longer get into Upfront - I just get the spinning logo.

TO reproduce - Activate old theme , enable theme tester, activate Fixer. ( I see age old customisations not recent ones ) Click Upfront and I get spinning wheel

Console shows lots of missing Image files but nothing else

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi wiredstudios,

Could you try updating Upfront to latest version ( currently 1.0.4 ) and see if it works after that.

If you're still having issues after that would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.