Lots of customization of event data displayed

Currently I'm calling event onto the home page with this shortcode "[eab_single id=27]". What I am looking to do is to move the map from the bottom to between the description an auto added event data. I'd also like to remove the "created by: username" and the breadcrumbs at the top.

Finally, is there also a way to add different price tiers? I.e. non-member vs. member; and also time sensitive pricing? I.e. early-bird pricing?

Thanks,
Gordon

• ucs

The other thing is that I have users able to register via Twitter and Facebook so that pops up when they click "I'm attending", but I also want it to pop-up saying that register with the website (like with wordpress's registration). Apart from that i just wanted to upload a screen shot of what I was referring to above for clarity. The think black lines are just to black out data that I wasn't sure if I should share or not. The thin black lines were things that I wanted to remove.

• Patrick

Hi there @ucs

I hope you had a great weekend!

By default, the map is auto-injected under the content, so moving it would require creating a custom template for it to display in that spot. To do so, you could make a copy of the single-incsub_event.php file and paste it in the root of your theme. You could then modify the html to your heart's content to get the layout you want.

However, if you are using shortcodes to output the event on a page, then you would need to modify how the shortcode lays out the information. Here again, the map is added after the content area. So you would need to modify the get_single_content function in class_eab_template.php

As it's never a good idea to modify core code in plugins (because you would need to do it over again every time you update the plugin), I'll see if any other staff members have an idea on how to make those changes without digging into the plugin code.

Hiding the "created by" text and the breadcrumbs is likely a simple CSS fix. But it would depend on the theme you are using, and/or which Events+ templates you have selected. Which are you using?

Can you also provide a link to the page on your site where this can be seen?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.