Lots of plug in issues since becoming member yesterday

I am building a site for a client, and talked him into getting a membership yesterday after doing a lot of research and being impressed with the possibility of us consolidating Eventbrite, Mailchimp and using your plugins, plus Coursepress, etc...on our new website.

I've been working for the past two days on all the plugins, and having major issues with Coursepress conflicting with Woocommerce, which is our store (marketpress won't work with woocommerce installed), but marketpress isn't sufficient for our selling purposes and interface...

Coursepress is not showing up and working properly in our theme, and I put in a support request about this for help with the content area cutting off on the right so that you don't see all the text, but haven't heard anything back about this yet.

Additionally, the Events plugin is not really a substitute for Eventbrite...not nearly as versatile, and the fact that it only accepts paypal is an issue.

The Newsletter plug in is definitely not a replacement for Mailchimp either...and again, this wasn't clear until I began working with it. It is great for beginning announcements, etc., but the limitations on the templates really don't allow for the type of multi-column, complex newsletters we need to send out.

The main thing I have been noticing since activating Coursepress, though, is that it is really slowing our site down. When I deactivate it, the site goes back to it's usual load time.

So, the plan to use these plugins for our school and bring everything together in one place, which was the goal, just can't come together.

So, while I really appreciate what you are all about, technically, the plugins just aren't functioning. The WPMUDev dashboard slowed the site down so much I needed to deactivate it.

Is there someone who could discuss all this with me? I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks very much.

• Ash

Hello @Cody Edner

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

This is always recommend to create separate thread for separate issue. It helps us to provide better support.

I've been working for the past two days on all the plugins, and having major issues with Coursepress conflicting with Woocommerce, which is our store (marketpress won't work with woocommerce installed), but marketpress isn't sufficient for our selling purposes and interface...

Yes, I have told at your other thread that MarketPress and WooCommerce won't work together. And to sell CoursePress courses by Woo, you will need to customize the plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpress-and-woocommerce-conflict

Coursepress is not showing up and working properly in our theme, and I put in a support request about this for help with the content area cutting off on the right so that you don't see all the text, but haven't heard anything back about this yet.

Would you please send me a link of that thread? I will follow up with in that thread. Currently I can see you have only two threads: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/profile/cedner

The Newsletter plug in is definitely not a replacement for Mailchimp either...and again, this wasn't clear until I began working with it. It is great for beginning announcements, etc., but the limitations on the templates really don't allow for the type of multi-column, complex newsletters we need to send out.

Do you mean you want to use custom email template in e-newsletter plugin?

About the slowness of your site, coursepress is a big plugin, it may slow your site down but that should not be noticeable. Are you in a shared hosting? If yes, what is your highest memory limit you got from hosting?

Please let me know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Cody Edner

Hi Ash!

1. COURSEPRESS
    Here is a link to the thread I posted on the forum at https://wordpress.org/support/topic/layout-issues-with-rt-wordpress-theme?replies=2#post-6801133

Just heard back this morning -- but the thread he points me too basically says it won't work to try to style coursepress in your own theme...but my question is specific to the areas of the format where the text is cutting off on the right column in the courses....Here is a link to an example of this...and it happens whether I remove the sidebar on the page or not http://intuitivevision.net/courses/trance-medium-training-program

Bojan - WPMU DEV Support wrote:
    Hey there Deborah,
    Hope you're well today!
    CoursePress plugin uses minimum styles and pulls styles from your theme in order to not look differently from the theme that you're using.
    If you're looking to get the same look I'd suggest using CoursePress theme which is specifically made to work with the plugin. Getting the same look with using your theme would require making a lot of modifications to style.css and would require making a lot of changes as explained by my colleague in our forum here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/make-coursepress-pro-look-like-the-coursepress-theme#post-846116
    After checking the links to pages you posted here I'm getting 404, could you please check that for me?
    Best regards,Bojan

2. NEWSLETTER
    Yes, we need to use a complex template and the documentation made it seem that you could code your own newsletter template, but when I installed the plug in discovered it has to be one column....please advise.

Basically, we purchased the membership thinking these constellation of plugins would work to consolidate the other services we are using and are discovering that technically, this won't work for us. NOne of the plugins will work for us, in fact!!!! I think we need to take this to the next step.

Thanks!
    Deborah

• Ash

Hello @Deborah

I hope you are well today.

Ohh that is org forum, I was searching in this forum. As you are our premium member, feel free to post in this forum to get faster response :slight_smile:

About the coursepress issue, your shared link is not working (404 error). Is the course published? Or do I need to login to see that page? If so, would you please grant support access from your Dashboard > WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access so that I can check?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

About the newsletter issue, would you please create a new thread? I am requesting you to do this because, the newsletter issue is complex. Sometimes, we need to tag the developer into a thread for more help. But it is difficult to tag two plugins developer in same thread. Hope you won't take it otherwise. Ohh and if possible, attach your template code in that new thread so that any staff can test in his site.

We will get it sorted.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.