lot's of questions about marketpress

So I've taken on a project that is over my head and beyond the scope of my abilities. Therefore, I'm reaching out to you guys to help wherever you can. I'm just going to list all of the functionality that the customer wants to see and any/all help will be greatly appreciated. I am using Marketpress and will probably also be using Membership if it is recommended, along with Affiliates.

- If a user forgets their password, an email will need to be sent to the address that was used when the user registered the account.
- Once an order is placed, a confirmation email will need to be sent to the email address that was used to create the account.
- Once a user has an order history, they need to be able to see it on their account page on the site.
- Once a user has placed at least one order, they need to be able to setup an affiliate link where they can track who orders through their link and receive awards that can be viewed as they are accumulated. Those awards would then be available for use later as a gift card or cash sent to the user.
- A user needs to be able to upload an image of their completed product (website will offer parts and user will put them together; not specific to protect customer's idea) for contests.
-Eventually user's will need to have ability to post picture and share success stories in general regardless of whether there's a contest.

There's a lot more but I figure this is a good place to start.

Cheers

• aecnu

Greetings MaxxPotential,

Thank you for the candid opening and the request for advisement as well.

- If a user forgets their password, an email will need to be sent to the address that was used when the user registered the account.

WordPress natively has password retrieval.

- Once an order is placed, a confirmation email will need to be sent to the email address that was used to create the account.

This is indeed another included feature but this time of Market Press

- Once a user has an order history, they need to be able to see it on their account page on the site.

I am not aware of this feature at all which could be made a feature request but if this project needs to be completed anytime soon it is in your best interest to hire a custom coder/developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

- Once a user has placed at least one order, they need to be able to setup an affiliate link where they can track who orders through their link and receive awards that can be viewed as they are accumulated. Those awards would then be available for use later as a gift card or cash sent to the user.

The affiliates plugin does this minus the gift card of course. For gift card the plguin will need to be custom coded.

- A user needs to be able to upload an image of their completed product (website will offer parts and user will put them together; not specific to protect customer's idea) for contests.

I cannot understand what you are wanting to do here, please rephrase.

-Eventually user's will need to have ability to post picture and share success stories in general regardless of whether there's a contest.

You will want a sub site to do this portion for you folks.

Please advise regarding the question or comment that needs rephrased.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings MaxxPotential,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.