Low Score on Images in Hummingbirg

Hello!

I have run WP Smush but I still have a very low score on Humminbird for Images – only 2/100. Not sure what else I can do.

Please help!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jan,

It looks like most of your images need resizing to fit their placeholders. For example, on your home page you have a row of images near the bottom:

Those are all being scaled, which is seen as an image issue since it's loading a bigger size than is required. Often a theme will define a new image size for frequently used sizes so this doesn't happen. However, if they don't or if you have a more unique sized placeholder then you will need to crop the image yourself to the necessary dimensions before uploading.

Our WP Smush Pro plugin can bulk re-size images based on the size you enter in the Smush settings; however, that will re-size all images smushed to the same size whereas you will want to make sure that they fit in their specific placeholders so manually re-sizing the images would be your best option then re-uploading, which will also compress them in Smush again if they need it.

If you have any further questions on that just us know :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.