'm currently using

'm currently using both Defender and WordFence plugins on my websites. Is it necessary to use both? Is there an advantage to using both, or can is Defender enough?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Julius,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

These two plugins work a bit differently. While WordFence does have a scan engine built-in that scans the site for malicious code its algorithms seem to be working in a different way than Defenders.

WordFence does include a firewall feature which is not currently available in Defender but Defender introduces some "Hardening" features that WordFence doesn't, scans files in a different way and provides an "Audit Logging" feature that's more complex than WordFence's traffic logging and serves a bit different purposes (letting you actually track down particular users and their actions on the site in case of issues).

I would recommend Defender but for additional protection you can use WordFence along it. Just setup Defender according to your needs and then configure WordFence, making sure that issues that are already covered by Defender are not handled by WordFence.

If you have any further questions on this, just let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.