M2 and MP Suggestion

Can M2 and MP integration be available in the future so we can sell Membership Plans with MarketPress?

• Katya Tsihotska
    • Support & QA

Hi Nathan

Hope you're having a great day!

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment and implementing this will require a lot of coding. But it's for sure is a good idea. Let's see how other members vote on this, more users find this useful, better the chances of being added in future updates.

Kind regards,
    Katya

• jetmac
    • Recruit

Again, back to the recurring theme today of improved integration and MarketPress subscriptions...

I still feel strongly that WPMU plugins should all work better together, with MarketPress providing the financial backbone for applications across the WPMU ecosphere. It would be amazing to have MarketPress act as a one-stop-shop for connecting payment gateways that any WPMU plugin could connect to and leverage.

• Nathan
    • Getting there

Maybe also a plugin to handle only payments, many client websites do not need MarketPress and just one area for all payments would be great.
    For example, we have Appointments+ and M2. Why install MarketPress if I don't need any of the other features. This would keep the site a lot less bloated.

• jetmac
      • Recruit

Nathan,

I was thinking something similar the more I've thought about this idea of greater interconnectivity. I think you may be right in that a specific "payment center" might be a better plugin concept.

As a bonus, not only could it tie into all of the WPMU plugins, but could possibly have an interaction with other popular plugins, such as Gravity Forms.

I think you're on to something...:wink:

• Nathan
        • Getting there

Or Forminator. There is potential with this plugin as well.

Just seems it would make things so much simpler. Imagine removing all the bloated payment codes from all other plugins, and put it into one small plugin to use on an as needed basis.

Let's says you are not offering paid Events+ or Appointments+. Why have all this unnecessary code in the plugin?

• jetmac
          • Recruit

If WPMU leverages Forminator to provide a custom form solution for all of their products, that would be very desirable. Allowing it to access the "payment module" would enable custom payment solutions (donations, services, etc).

Sadly, Forminator wasn't made with any integrations to, well, anything when it was released. This lack of foresight is, sadly, very common with WPMU offerings (at least as first). Hopefully conversations like this one will encourage them to have a stronger vision for their stable of plugins.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.