M2 eliminated part of our Theme…

Valued Support Team,

we are pleased about this new membership version. Congratulation to the launch. Our first impression – including documentation – definitely 10 STAR-rating, excellent and high end professionally … best of all, even STRIPE is included.

We installed and activated it yesterday straight away (upgrade from protected content). Well that we have to re-enter out membership levels (the existing one were with installation all deleted) is okay as it is not a major task to redo that.

But we also recognized that this new installation eliminated part of our theme on the mainpage. To be precise: The revolution slider slides was fixed just two days ago from your colleague Michael Bissett (see support post https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/help-to-modify-revolution-slider#post-891764 ) and it worked since perfectly. Now, at least background slides perhaps is missing again therefore our main front page does not load properly.

We know for sure this bug is caused by the m2 installation as it was the only thing we did yesterday.

Please be so kind and fix this bug again.

Support access is granted.

Kind regards

Prinz

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @prinz! Hope you are doing good today and thanks for your question :slight_smile:

Support staff seems to be expired for me, can you please grant me support access again so I can troubleshoot and fix the issue.

Can you please deactivate membership plugin temporarily, just to make sure its because of membership plugin and not any thing else ? It will be help me get to the bottom of this issue faster.

Look forward towards your response :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

Good and less good news…

De-activation / activation of m2 PRO plugin solved revolution slider issue, though this help request is obsolete.

BUT

that step did not solve the other bug we found out which is NO SHOW of various memberships, see screen shoot below:

Please be so kind and dig into this also.

Big, big thank you in advance.

Prinz

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

Oops… was to early believing De-activation / activation of m2 PRO plugin would have solved the revolution slider issue. In short this trouble still exists.

By this occasion we also figured out as well, m2 PRO has obviously a interaction hassle with MEDIA. As shown in next screen shoot since changing to new m2 PRO also all included pictures in POST's and PAGES are eliminated as well. Just de-activation / activation of m2 PRO plugin does not solve this issue either…

BTW this matter can't be one of CACHE as we delete it always as a first step before asking help from you support guys.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Prinz! Welcome back :slight_smile:

I am still unable to access your website giving me token expire again (see screenshot). Also it will be great if you send me FTP and login details via our private contact form in following format. I may need FTP to edit some files. Also is your website is live or staging, because I will be doing some code modifications and will try to troubleshoot while deactivating/activating themes/plugins ?

Subject: “Attn: Sajid Javed

-WordPress admin username

-WordPress admin password

-login url

-FTP credentials (host/username/password)

-link back to this thread for reference

-any other relevant urls

Select “I have a different question” for your topic – this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :simple_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Cheers, Sajid

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Sajid,

being unable to Login VIA granted support access would be as well a result of the implementation from membership2 PRO as I can assure we haven’t done anything else then installing this wonderful plugin. After that we went straight into supplied documentation…

Before that stage your colleague Michael Bissett (as mentioned before) had and was able to access our backstage.

Forwarded to you as requested direct server access.

Cheers

Prinz

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

Having no support granted access could probably be also a result out of the newest WPMU Dev dashboard update.

If so am wondering, would I have to file an extra support request or could you also solve this matter as well?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Prinz

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Prinz! Welcome back :slight_smile:

I am able to login using support access and after activating membership plugin I can see the M2 upgrade notice (see screenshot).

You have to click on "I understand. Switch to Membership 2 Now" button. When you will switch to membership 2 then you will have a setup wizard, follow that wizard to setup new M2 plugin.

Please let me know, if its not working for you, I will be more than happy to help :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Sajid,

appreciate much solving 'support access issue.

Activated M2PRO and clicked on main domain – as recommended – the button like shown above. Now, various membership levels are visible… also it seems that m2PRO is working.

Best of all our Theme with revolution slider is visible as well. ONLY some images within POSTs and PAGES got lost… not a big issue as I can add them manually again. Hope I get all entered.

Hovewer, there is another annoying moment: As shown on scren shoot below… those messages are obsolete as bp settings are correct and m2PRO can't be access at all on sub domains which makes sense as we have m2PRO network activated.

Please so kind suppress those reminder permanently.

Thank you

Prinz

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Prinz! Hope you are doing good :slight_smile:

I am sorry the response took longer than usual and I am glad things are working for you :slight_smile:

Hovewer, there is another annoying moment: As shown on scren shoot below… those messages are obsolete …

Please delete Membership2 Pro plugin from Network > Plugins, download it from project page and install it manually. Either by using Network > Plugins > Add New > Upload or via FTP

This will solve your problem of notification message.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Klaus
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Sajid,

now the notfications are gone… BUT shouldn’t the various memberships automatically transferred to sub domains? Something is wrong! Not a single sub domain has any memberships but all members.

As you know we last Sunday we installed the new m2PRO first time. Frankly since then we had to solve one problem after the next… Please, dear Sajid, I urge you for the sake of being able finally to continue the work we have to do (instead of just tapping from one issue to another) please, please be so kind take over the task and install as professional the m2PRO.

If you need direct server access credential please let us know (but I believe I forwarded those to you already).

Looking forward hearing from you shortly.

Cheers

Prinz

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @prinz! Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am Sorry about the terrible delay here. Just a small tip its best if you make one consolidated post and avoid replying multiple times. Its fine for regular threads but for emergencies it just pushes you back to the end of my queue and as its a feed based system I work from top to bottom.

So in this case its what happened here and caused confusion here. Yes I can understand your situation but its our system that feeds us posts oldest to newest.

I am glad Michelle solved your problem and I will be more than happy if you reconsider your nicereply/feedback. Much appreciated and thanks for understanding situation here.

We are all here to help you in what ever way possible :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.