M2->Help incidates Free version

The M2->Help page indicates that I'm running the Free version and prompts me to check out the Pro version. The link takes me to the same page I downloaded the plugin from. I'm a paid wpmudev subscriber. Is this an incorrect message? If not how do I ensure I'm running M2 Pro?

Side note, the Download link downloads a version 1.x.x.x and immediately theres an update to version 4.x.x available. Perhaps the download link could be updated to the latest version.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello ithackermike

I hope you are doing well today!

Please delete the Membership 2 plugin ( the free version that you have installed on your site) from your installation and install it again from WPMU DEV > Plugins. All the currents settings will not be lost, after you reinstall the plugin.

If you still have issues, please grant access from WPMU DEV > Support so I can have a closer look.

Please see the detailed instructions on the link below:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello there ithackermike

I'm sorry for confusion here, I meant to download the plugin via WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/

Once you install WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin on your site, go from your dashboard to WPMU DEV menu and login using your WPMU DEV credentials.

Once you have logged in, you can navigate to WPMU DEV > Plugins and install the Membership 2 Pro from there.

Make sure that you will delete the free version of the Membership plugin before installing it from WPMU DEV > Plugins.

Let us know how it went!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Ogopotse

I trust you are doing well today!

The current Membership 2 Pro version is 1.0.3.3, the free version of Membership 2 is 4.0.1.2. So I believe, if you want to use a premium version of the plugin, Membership 2 ver. 4.0.1.2 is not what you are looking for.

If you still have unresolved questions, please create a new thread here.

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey ithackermike !
    Hope you are having a great day!

Well, if you don't want to use the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin to install Membership Pro 2, I have two other options for you.

1. Use the standard WordPress plugin upload option (Recommended) : You can download the Membership 2 Pro plugin files from this link. Here's a screenshot for reference:

Then all you need to do is go to your WordPress Dashboard->Plugins->Add New and upload the downloaded zip file. Here's another screenshot for reference:

Please note: Members in the Trial period need to use the WPMU DEV Dashboard for installing plugins.

2. FTP/Direct Upload (not recommended): I'd recommend backing up your site first before going through this process. Firstly, deactivate the Membership 2 plugin you already have on the site. Then access your FTP or File Manager (host panel) and navigate to wp-content/plugins and replace the 'membership' folder with the newly downloaded Membership 2 Pro plugin downloaded from this link as described in Method 1 above. You'll need to extract the archived folder first and it will extract another 'membership' folder. Then navigate to your WordPress Dashboard->Plugins->Installed Plugins and activate your Membership Pro 2.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance regarding this. Thanks!

Best,
    Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.