M2 message setting question

When I create a new account on a free membership, it says "Your request to joint the membership was successfully recieved! The payment gateway could take a couple minutes to process and return the payment status"
Is there a way that we could change that so users don't get confused and think we are trying to get them to pay for something? Maybe something like. "Welcome aboard, we're happy to have you join us!"

Thank you!

• Luís

Hi Meredith ,

Hope you're doing well today!

This message is displayed due to the shortcode automatically added by Membership 2 Pro in the "Thank you" page (the default slug is /registration-complete):

[ms-note type="info"]Your request to join the membership was successfully received!<br/>The Payment Gateway could take a couple of minutes to process and return the payment status.[/ms-note]

If you will only use a free membership/s in your website, you can just edit this shortcode and add the text you want to display.

However, if you will use multiple memberships (paid and free), we can do this by:

1) Following the suggestion given by my teammate Rupok in the below topic, using jQuery to detect the membership ID parameter passed in the URL and replace the text:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/thank-you-page-verbiage#post-1116918

2) Remove the "ms-note" in the "Thank You" page and replace it by the "ms-protect-content" shortcode, to display a different message to each membership, like:

[ms-protect-content id="8518" silent="yes"] Thanks! Enjoy your Membership [/ms-protect-content]

[ms-protect-content id="615,618,715" silent="yes"] Your request to join the membership was successfully received!<br/>The Payment Gateway could take a couple of minutes to process and return the payment status. [/ms-protect-content]

"8518" is the ID of my "free" membership. All the other ID's (615,618,715) are paid memberships.

To check the membership ID, you can hover the mouse over the membership in the Memberships list (Membership 2 -> Memberships) and check the URL:

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.