M2 Pro Workflow, Styling and Protected Areas

Here’s the deal...I am setting up a website for SEO services. In an ideal world I want a great user experience, not page after page of unnecessary garbage. There is no hosted content other than the subscribers account info. It should be simple. I don’t want the user to go into a wordpress dashboard area where they’ll only get confused. In fact they don’t have to know that this is built with Wordpress. The flow should look like this: http://oc3.in/guru-sitemap.

Pricing tier
Create account
Payment
Intake form
Thank you page

Account
After they sign up and an account has been created then I want “Account” to appear in the menu.
If that can’t work then it can be in the menu constantly and will just force the user to a login page.

Does that make sense? In trying to curate that experience I am forced into the M2 page styles which look awful when they should inherit the themes styles. I was paying a web dev to do this for me and provided all the documentation in an assignment brief including a list of resources to everything relating to the theme, theme pages and sitemap. One night I got so frustrated and did everything myself. The page flow wasn’t bad and the shortcodes from what I could remember worked in the themes login screens. The next day he messed everything up again and it hasn’t worked properly since.

Now I’m paying my friend who used to write articles and tutorials for Webmonkey. Even he has been hit with obstacles and informed me that he can’t bypass the membership page. The membership page is that page with the tiers I am offering, the one that should look like the one on the pricing page.

Today he wrote:

The main problem is that you have a sales page:

/pricing/

and then you want the user to buy through /accounts/?membership_id=81
and then be redirected to /accounts/

The problem is that sometimes in that flow the user gets redirected to
/memberships/ which doesn't work with the theme of the rest of the site.
So either you want a way to customize /memberships/, both HTML and CSS
or you need a way to redirect that page back to /pricing/ your sales
page.

Can somebody help me? I just need some help getting this working. Below I have included all the documentation. Even within the sitemap I have included links (indicated by arrows) that link to the theme page I wanted. I’ve just been pasting shortcodes into some of the pages and widgets to see what happens. It hasn’t been going smoothly.

Let me know if you need more info. Any help will do as I plod away on this.

Gratefully,

David
Reference
Assignment Brief: http://oc3.in/1P4u0q5
Sitemap: http://oc3.in/guru-sitemap
Theme: http://impreza.us-themes.com/

• Sajid

Hi @David Bennett,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

First of all Membership 2 plugin uses the theme CSS for branding purposes. So M2 pages don't look separate of your site.

Membership 2 does not redirect users to dashboard of WordPress like ordinary behaviour. After login it redirects to account page. You can also hide the admin from Membership 2 > Settings > General > Hide admin toolbar.

You can further customize the redirect experience with Redirection Control add-on from Membership 2 > Add-ons.

From Membership 2 > Settings > General you can also select what pages you want to appear in your navigation under "Please select pages you want to appear in your Navigation" option.

The flow you posted above is almost the same what M2 have except Webform Client Intake after payment. You have to redirect to intake form page to collect information (you can do that by overriding M2 redirects using filter) and then after that you have to redirect yourself to thank you page.

For basic usage we have also plenty of shortcodes to do different jobs. But if you are looking for a flow then you must control the redirection your self in this case (that is advanced level and require good knowledge of PHP).

Hope that helps! If you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• David Bennett

Hi Sajid,

I don't quite understand what you are saying. We have tried to address the branding issues and it's not something that is well documented.

The flow you posted above is almost the same what M2 have except Webform Client Intake after payment.

This doesn't make sense to me. You say I can use overrides but this isn't very clear using the plugin or the add-on's.

WPMUDEV seemed to have everything I really wanted to get my sites up and running but after months of trying to wrangle Membership 2 Pro into doing what I want it to, and even trying to hire three different people to get this to work for me, I'm left to explore other options outside of WPMUDEV.

It's too bad WPMUDEV doesn't make a simple subscription plugin for SaaS and digital products.

This is still unresolved.

• Sajid

Hi @David Bennett,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry to hear you are having difficulties while setting this up according your requirements.

If you can tell me where exactly you are having issue then I could try to assist you. I will even try to come up with a code based solution if its not so complex.

Do you want to redirect users from /memberships page to /pricing page ?

Please ask one by one so we can sort out quickly.

Also, in some cases you need to hire a developer (if you are not familiar with PHP code) when it comes to complex code solutions that are beyond the level of support we can provide here.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• David Bennett

I just want to follow up on this in the event someone else was having the same problem. My product is actually a service so perhaps that played a role in my experience setting this up. I am very specific about the user experience I wanted to curate.

I really hate to sound like a jerk but M2 had design restrictions so I uninstalled it and started from scratch. I looked everywhere for a solution and then found Gravity Forms and also Gravity Forms + Stripe. Within a day I had built out the main purchase page with a redirect to a questionnaire and thank you page. I duplicated those forms and had it up and running within a couple days. The user experience was so much better and cleaner.

Sometimes the simple solution is the best.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.