M2P plug in issue & responsivity problem with log in widget

hi guys

my developer has sent me the below email. i have granted support access to my shopping club.

please see my email to her and then her email to me.

main issues:

1. the M2P log in journey is not working how my legal club works. we got my legal club spot on - we have gone too fart to just copy and paste it in developer speak.
2. the log in widget is not very responsive.

My email to Jen below:

1. Top join now button on site takes me to - http://myshoppingclub.co.uk/join-now/ - when you click the sign up option it takes me to a page with the same link that says “registration is currently not allowed.” What it should do is take me to a form page for people to confirm email name log in name password etc!

2.. THE USERNAME BOX BEING ALIGNED TO THE LEFT AND THE REST BEING ALLIGNED CENTRALLY CAN YOU REVIEW PLEASE AND MAKE THE USERNAME ALIGN CENTRAL IF NOT LET ME KNOW

? Please click on http://myshoppingclub.co.uk/member-login/ to view for yourself

3. http://myshoppingclub.co.uk/member-login/ is the link – it has 3 key factors to the page

i) “the content you are trying to access is only available to members. Sorry.” (WHICH IT SHOULDN’T) – THIS IS A PROTECTED CONTENT PAGE MESSAGE

ii) Underneath the above sentence (“the content you are trying to access is only available to members. Sorry.”) it has the sign up box which again it shouldn’t.

iii) On the right of the screen is a member log in box – a non member join now box and a contact us box. That is great but a) it is on the right hand side bar of the page and b) the 2 elements above should not be on the page

ive tried to delete the content and replace with [ms-membership-login] but it has no affect – it wont even let me

4. . http://myshoppingclub.co.uk/registration-complete/ - major problem – the phrase

Please click here to complete your registration (hyper link)

takes you to a my legal club page – this needs amending to go to the welcome page attached herewith in separate word doc – when you hover over the link it says it will take you to http://myshoppingclub.co.uk/member-login/ but it actually links to the MLC website with a certificate error

5. RESPONSIVE ISSUES
SIMILAR TO WHEN MY LEGAL CLUB WAS BUILT THE MAIN PAGES WHEN YOU CLICK ON ABOUT, EMPLOYEE BENEFIT ETC AND THEN TOUCH THE PAGE – THEY ARE VERY JUMPY AND TAKER YOU TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE (try on your phone yourself)

Jen's email back to me on the above requests:

Hi Sean,

I’m having problems locating the correct pages that the buttons need to link to as the Membership plugin doesn’t seem to have created them as they are supposed to be.

I put the login widget in the sidebar, but can’t find a page that does the same with a login form. It’s all very confusing!!

I think you need to get WPMUDEV to look at the setup of the plugin and then just give me the page links once this is done which I can then apply to the buttons.

The responsive problems on mobile seem to be from the login widget which was in the sidebar. I have removed this and it now works perfectly, so again this needs addressing with WPMUDEV.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks
Jen

• Tyler Postle

Hey Sean,

1. Top join now button on site takes me to - http://myshoppingclub.co.uk/join-now/ - when you click the sign up option it takes me to a page with the same link that says “registration is currently not allowed.” What it should do is take me to a form page for people to confirm email name log in name password etc!

This is because you have registered turned off in your general WordPress settings.

In your dashboard go to:

Settings > General. Check the box that says "Anyone can Register".

2.. THE USERNAME BOX BEING ALIGNED TO THE LEFT AND THE REST BEING ALLIGNED CENTRALLY CAN YOU REVIEW PLEASE AND MAKE THE USERNAME ALIGN CENTRAL IF NOT LET ME KNOW

This is likely a theme conflict. Try temporarily swapping to the default 2015 theme and see if the username box displays correctly then. If so it's a theme conflict or conflicting with custom styles you or your developer have implemented on your theme. Your developer should be able to fix that for you :slight_smile:

3. http://myshoppingclub.co.uk/member-login/ is the link – it has 3 key factors to the page

i) “the content you are trying to access is only available to members. Sorry.” (WHICH IT SHOULDN’T) – THIS IS A PROTECTED CONTENT PAGE MESSAGE

ii) Underneath the above sentence (“the content you are trying to access is only available to members. Sorry.”) it has the sign up box which again it shouldn’t.

iii) On the right of the screen is a member log in box – a non member join now box and a contact us box. That is great but a) it is on the right hand side bar of the page and b) the 2 elements above should not be on the page

I don't see the i) and ii) issue there anymore, so I guess you may have got that sorted out?

As for iii) all elements in the sidebar would of been placed there by you or your developer. Membership 2 doesn't place anything in your sidebar automatically.

4. . http://myshoppingclub.co.uk/registration-complete/ - major problem – the phrase

Please click here to complete your registration (hyper link)

takes you to a my legal club page – this needs amending to go to the welcome page attached herewith in separate word doc – when you hover over the link it says it will take you to http://myshoppingclub.co.uk/member-login/ but it actually links to the MLC website with a certificate error

You can edit the registration complete page via:

Membership 2 > Settings > General. Then find the "Thank-You" page and click the edit link.

It looks like your page has already been edited to include the link it has now, so if you just edit it again then you or your developer should be able to swap that link out for the one you want :slight_smile:

5. RESPONSIVE ISSUES
    SIMILAR TO WHEN MY LEGAL CLUB WAS BUILT THE MAIN PAGES WHEN YOU CLICK ON ABOUT, EMPLOYEE BENEFIT ETC AND THEN TOUCH THE PAGE – THEY ARE VERY JUMPY AND TAKER YOU TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE (try on your phone yourself)

This sounds like another possible theme conflict. I see your developer already removed the login widget. If you grant support access then we can re-add it temporarily and have a look at that.

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Sean,

No problem :slight_smile:

Thanks for granting access, I just had a closer look and it appears to be only happening with your theme. It's not happening when I test with the default 2014 theme, which is similar in the way that it has a sidebar going below the main content on mobile.

Could you send in a copy of Avada to me so I can try it out with that theme?

You can send that in directly to contact@wpmudev.org

Make the subject line "Attn: Tyler Postle" and include a link back to this thread please.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Sean

1) apologies - how do I send in a copy of Avada?
    2) the responsiveness of my shopping club seems to be working ok now.
    3) I have a responsive issue on my legal club now. I am guessing it is the same issue as it only happens on any page where there is a log in link. it is the same issue I would guess. I have extended support access for my legal club for Mick in another thread but could you take a look also in respect of the responsive issues.
    4) in addition - on ipad I have an issue with the red block at the top of the page appearing on the join now page. it is an extended red block which looks awful. it is only happening on ipad.

• Sean

in addition you gave me some guidance to pass on to my developer on earlier issues raised.

Number 1 – username box alligned to left
    This is likely a theme conflict. Try temporarily swapping to the default 2015 theme and see if the username box displays correctly then. If so it's a theme conflict or conflicting with custom styles you or your developer have implemented on your theme. Your developer should be able to fix that for you :slight_smile:

Number 2 – The completion journey in M2P registration complete/thank you section

On the registration complete page Jen – it says please click here to complete your registration. Can you create a new page that is protected content for members only and ensure that the link “please click here to complete your registration” links to a welcome page (see word doc attached) – currently this link takes people to the wrong place

the above is what I confirmed to Jen my developer. She has responded with the below:

Hi Sean,

Just a couple of queries - I’ve tried to look at the username alignment issue, please can you send me a screenshot so I know which page you mean - is it the text username or the actual box? By the looks of the styling though it’s part of the membership plugin - can you ask WPMUDEV how to get their form to just use the theme styling so that it’s all consistent? I can’t even locate the stylesheet for the membership plugin! The class is showing as: ms-field (see attached screenshot)

The Registration Complete page is also the member login page. I don’t understand how to get the user to just see your content - again please can you ask WPMUDEV to advise on this.

Sorry I haven’t been much help - I find the membership plugin highly confusing and difficult to use.

Thanks
    Jen

I have already granted support access guys - can you assist with the 2 messages I have sent on this thread today thanks

• Tyler Postle

Hey there Sean,

Sorry about the delay. Hope you had a good Christmas(if you celebrate it).

1) apologies - how do I send in a copy of Avada?

Zip up the theme folder, or just download a fresh version from the theme developer, it should download already zipped. Then attach it to an email and email it to contact@wpmudev.org. Make the subject line "Attn: Tyler Postle" - that will ensure it is assigned to me :slight_smile:

4) in addition - on ipad I have an issue with the red block at the top of the page appearing on the join now page. it is an extended red block which looks awful. it is only happening on ipad.

I don't have an iPad to test this, but it sounds like a theme issue - if you create a ticket with Avada then I'm sure they can help you sort that out :slight_smile:

As for your last post,

Once you send in a copy of your theme then I can test out the M2 login form on a new install and make sure the issue is actually the theme.

Can you create a new page that is protected content for members only and ensure that the link “please click here to complete your registration” links to a welcome page (see word doc attached) – currently this link takes people to the wrong place

Are you wanting to make the new page your new registration complete page? Or is the new page support to be the welcome page? I can edit your registration complete page to include the link :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Sean

hi Tyler,

the issues are now resolved apart from the major issue relating to Membership 2 Pro which is stopping the company from commencing.

My developer (frustratingly as you can see above) says she is too confused by M2P and is unable to help further.

On My Legal Club (www.mylegalclub.co.uk) we have used M2P and want to use the same sort journey on My Shopping Club. This is:

new members
    1) join
    2) sign up
    3) pay - once payment complete .....
    4) registration completion page with a link to direct people to a welcome page that is protected content as it includes private links.

Existing members when they log in are taken directly to the same welcome page

non members or visitors are unable to view the welcome page

When you join on My Shopping Club you are met with the registration completion page (see link below) - this is correct and the same happens on My Legal Club:

http://myshoppingclub.co.uk/registration-complete/

On My Legal Club (if you join and sign up) and you click the link (Please click here to complete your registration) it takes you to a protected content welcome page.
    If you have not logged in or joined as a member and you click on the link (http://mylegalclub.co.uk/registration-complete/ ) and then press click here to complete your registration page it takes you back to the log in page = this is correct - if you are a member or more importantly have just joined by clicking on click here to complete your registration it takes you to the welcome page. the welcome page has been saved in the protected content page in Settings - General on My Legal Club. this is all spot on and just how we want it.

The problem on the My Shopping Club site is it should do the same as the My Legal Club site. unfortunately (and nor me or my developer know why) when you reach the
    http://myshoppingclub.co.uk/registration-complete/
    and click on the link
    click here to complete your registration
    instead of taking you to:
    a) the log in page if you are not logged in/not a member or
    b) the welcome page (this is a protected content page on my legal club - I have mirrored this for my shopping club but it does not work.)
    it takes you to a certificate error page and then takes you to the my legal club page. this is a separate company and website and the memberships are totally separate so this is a bit strange.

in summary. we have the welcome page we want to use stored on my shopping club protected content page on M2P general - settings (just the same as with MLC).

unfortunately we can not link to this on my shopping club and ensure the journey for non members who land on this page - or new or existing members operates correctly.

I have increased the support access - please could you take a look?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Sean,

it takes you to a certificate error page and then takes you to the my legal club page. this is a separate company and website and the memberships are totally separate so this is a bit strange.

The reason it takes you to the certificate error page is because you don't have a valid SSL cert for the myshoppingclub.co.uk domain.

You need to change the link on your myshoppingclub.co.uk/registration-complete page to go here:

http://myshoppingclub.co.uk/member-login/

For some reason the www version of that domain is not configured properly, which shouldn't have anything to do with M2. You may want to ask your host or your developer about that. You should have the www version redirected to the non-www version.

You will also want to make sure you get a valid SSL cert for the myshoppingclub.co.uk domain if you want to still make that an https secure link.

Hope that helps and apologies again for my delay here. If you grant support access again then I'll have closer look but the info above should be a good start and hopefully get us at least part way to what you are wanting here then when I login we can sort the rest out :slight_smile:

Talk to you soon.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Sean

thanks Tyler - can I ask this question though? when I type in http://www.myshoppingclub.co.uk it is now coming up with the below information? what is that in respect of?

Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_8d6760b7d6da995886600a8432424ddf, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/mylegal/public_html/wp-content/plugins/custom-sidebars/inc/external/wpmu-lib/inc/class-thelib.php on line 114

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/mylegal/public_html/wp-content/plugins/custom-sidebars/inc/external/wpmu-lib/inc/class-thelib.php:114) in /home/mylegal/public_html/wp-content/plugins/custom-sidebars/inc/external/wpmu-lib/inc/class-thelib.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mylegal/public_html/wp-content/plugins/custom-sidebars/inc/external/wpmu-lib/inc/class-thelib.php:114) in /home/mylegal/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/app/controller/class-ms-controller-plugin.php on line 97

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mylegal/public_html/wp-content/plugins/custom-sidebars/inc/external/wpmu-lib/inc/class-thelib.php:114) in /home/mylegal/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1228

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_8d6760b7d6da995886600a8432424ddf, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.