Magazine Theme

It's frustrating that the theme I am using is built from your company yet it's not compatible with your plugins. I don't know codes, so I was hoping I could rely on your plugin to activate "The Ultimate Facebook" plugin with like buttons, why doesn't the like button show up after the content of every post?

I don't want users to have to view the post then to click like. Where is the Ajax option? Where it's automatic just like this text box I'm typing in. As soon as I clicked on it, it expanded downward. Please help me to complete this.

Thanks,
Eli

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Eli and welcome to WPMU DEV!

Sorry you're experiencing trouble with the Magazine theme and Ultimate Facebook. I've just tested the two together and could see any difficulty there.

Regarding the viewing of the post before liking, that may be able to be sorted with the front-page option as illustrated here. Have you tried that?

Further, when you click the Like button, it automatically Likes the post, but it also provides comments so you can add a few words. You could always hide it via css if you don't want that displayed.
    .comment_content {display: none;}

But it's not necessary, as the post is automatically Liked when the button is pressed.

Thanks,
    David

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks,
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.