Magazine theme, how to put an image or text just below login form?

I know this may sound weird, but some of my potentials users asked: is joining the community FREE?

So, I need to make it clear.
And I think the best solution (at list in my case) is to put a text or an image just below the login form.
(see the screenshot, the yellow placeholder)

How can I do this customization?

Any CSS rule to add or something else?

P.S.
I'm not a coder

Mason

Hiya,

The BEST way to do this would be to copy the child theme from bp-magazine/themes into your themes folder and make your modifications there. Via FTP, the ending structure should look like this:
    wp-content/themes/bp-magazine/
    wp-content/themes/bp-magazine-child/

Now activate the child theme from the WordPress Dashboard. Everything should look the same as it did with the normal theme.

Now copy the entire header.php file from bp-magazine to bp-magazine-child.

Open up the new copy of header.php and on line 137 add the following:
    <h2 id="signup4free">Type message here</h2>
    Replace the message with your own content for site visitors. In context, the result should have lines 133-139 looking like so:

<?php do_action( 'bp_login_bar_logged_out' ) ?>
    				</form>

</div>
    				<h2 id="signup4free">Type message here</h2>
    				<div class="clear"></div>
    			</div>

Now save the file and refresh the home page (you'll have to be logged out to see the message). It should display directly below the log in form.

Now we can style this paragraph beyond the default h2 styling by adding custom styles to the bp-magazine-child/style.css file. The following is an example:

h2#signup4free {
        background-color: #FCEC8F;
        color: #FFFFFF;
        font-weight: bold;
        margin-left: 100px;
        padding: 4px;
        width: 300px;
    }

You can totally style this however you like. If you're not familiar with CSS I recommend downloading a tool called firebug and playing around with web styles a bit. The above should get you fairly well on your way though.

Thanks!