Mail Send Error with eNewsletter

I am getting the following error when sending an email.

Mail Send Error: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: EMAIL-ADDRESS-IS-HERE <p>SMTP server error: </p>

I am guessing this has something to do with a bad email address? I can not figure out how to remove and restart. If I try to resend and tick the "Don't send to people who've already received this" the message comes up that there are no emails to send to.

Can you suggest a solution so that I so not have to send the same email to the total list again, including those who've already received it?

Thanks!
-Loren

• Maniu

Hey @lorenn

Can you do some tests and see if this message will constantly appear for different addresses or it was just for this single email?

I think this is your server blocking sending to emails on different domains than your host, can you check it with your server provider? Also, it might be possible that ports are being blocked.

Generally, there is something wrong with your config.. i hope we will be able to figure out what!

Thanks,
    Maniu

• Loren

Hi Maniu:

I broke my master list into small lists of 50 email addresses each. Took some time, and I'd not want to do this with a list of 1,000s. I was successful in getting the newsletter sent out, eventually. There were only a few emails that I had to remove. I find it hard to believe the errors or send stoppage is due to the host? Why only a hard full out of hundreds? Rather, I'd think they were just bad emails addresses.

Regardless, a suggestion for future development on this plugin.

Provide a way to remove a bad email address from a list so the send can be continued, or at least passed over, rather than completely stopping the process. And or allow for the send process to complete, then give errors needing attention.

All and all, I've pretty happy with the plugin! Nice piece of work. My compliments on your support as well.

-Loren

• Maniu

Hey @lorenn

Thanks for letting us know - generally, plugin is checking before sending if email is valid - it shouldn't be trying to send them if its wrong, thats why i am not 100% sure why this is happening but i will try to detect situations like this and mark those emails as bounced and also make it so newsletter sending is not being stopped.

Generally improvements in managing members is my next step for the plugin. I will mark this as resolved for now and the next version should have all those improvements... or the one after if i will have to release some serious bug fixes.

Thanks!
    Maniu

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.