Mailchimp Add-on Worflow

Would like to know the workflow for MailChimp add-on in Membership 2 Pro plugin,when each membership is paired with it's own mailing list in Mailchimp for the following:

1) When an user upgrades to another membership? is he unsubscribed then resubscribed to the new membership's mailing list?

2) As the system is now, any user unsubscribing from any membership will be subscribed to the list specified in the general membership2 settings, right?

3) What if the user is allowed to subscribe to let's say 2 membership, is he subscribed to the 2 lists?

• Nithin

Hello Christian,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

1) When an user upgrades to another membership? is he unsubscribed then resubscribed to the new membership's mailing list?

I tested this in my system, and I could notice the the members subscribed to a new membership would be added to the new membership mailing list, however the email is still present in MailChimp mailing list for the membership which the user has unsubscribed from. I'll have to double check this with the developer to make whether this is the default workflow, or a bug. Will keep you posted shortly.

2) As the system is now, any user unsubscribing from any membership will be subscribed to the list specified in the general membership2 settings, right?

By default the Membership 2 Pro plugin would use the Mailchimp configured under Membership 2 > Settings > Mailchimp.

The settings will only get overridden, when each membership is configured with a Mailchimp mailing list individually, by editing the Membership.

3) What if the user is allowed to subscribe to let's say 2 membership, is he subscribed to the 2 lists?

The member would be subscribed to 2 mailing list in such case, when the Mailchimp mailing list is configured for each membership individually.

Will keep you posted once I get an update regarding the #1 asap. Have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Cg

hello, thanks for the info

the only possible overriding of the general membership2 is the one mailing list specified in the individual settings of each membership...

I just want to make sure about what happens when a user unsubscribes from a certain membership, even though I've specified nothing about the unsubscription list-change at individual membership level (because the option does not exist).

As your test went anyway, there's no unsubscription happening in the lists in whatever form...

If you could verify with a developer and fix it quickly I'd appreciate it.
    thanks
    Etienne Bovo

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Etienne,

I just want to make sure about what happens when a user unsubscribes from a certain membership, even though I've specified nothing about the unsubscription list-change at individual membership level (because the option does not exist).

I'm very sorry for the confusion on our side. Yes, you are right - general options for the Mailchimp add-on are not duplicated in membership options. There is only one list in single membership (list they are added when users joins that membership).

In perfect flow when member unsubscribe from membership their emails is removed from that list and added to list specified in options under "Deactivated memberships mailing list" .

But that is not working right now. We did multiple tests and emails are not removed from the membership list - not with deactivation nor with switching to another list.

So that is bug for sure and we have reported this to developers to investigate and provide a fix.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Cg

for me it seems worse, I subscribed for testing, it didn't even register me to any list in mailchimp..... even though it says in wp that the user is registered to the mailchimp list.......

Mailchimp integration is non-existent here, so I suggest you remove it from your product claim.... IT'S A FALSE CLAIM......

I'll entirely bypass your "mailchimp integration" and make a aweber signup a part of registration (instead of loosing more time with mailchimp's horrendous support, plus learning it to benefit from your 'mailchimp integration').... man this is not funny, I lost too much precious time on it already...

I'm pretty annoyed right now,
    thanks

Etienne Bovo

• Cg

maybe members are added to the list once the free trial is over????

I've been with support on mailchimp (when they decided to reply), and basically their system doesn't allow for different lists to 'talk with one another', meaning that the right way to do it would be to subscribe all customers to the same list and apply a different tag for every membership .... Using multiple lists in mailchimp is a no-go....

Mailchimp is the only autoresponder that I know that segregates lists, so I would suggest to work on a getresponse integration rather than having an uphill battle with mailchimp, plus their support is so sluggish, mails are unanswered, when they reply they only answer some questions so I have to ask over and over....

getresponse lets you segment based on tags that are assignable to multiple signup forms, which makes it possible to automatically sort your members in the right segment...

again, for the integration to work, it should subscribe the user and apply a tag relevant to what they signed-up for... How much would it cost do implement that kind of system?

• Cg

Yeah I have to launch my system so I can't afford dealing with half-baked stuff...

I'll make a 2-step signup process with getresponse (better than mailchimp in my opinion, and they answer questions). I'll have to manually sort my users if they upgrade, unregister or change their membership.... It's a pain but better safe than waiting for bugfixes that might or might not come...

I'd appreciate more feed-back, I'm left hanging with a defective system, just spending even more time to figure workarounds.... really not very wise, I know what it is to be busy, but you probably know the cost of an unhappy customer.

I'm unhappy....

Etienne Bovo

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Etienne,

I'm sorry for delayed answer on our side - I understand your frustration on the MailChimp add-on not working correctly. I want to assure you that this bug is reported to developers and they are working on fixing it. They will update us when there will be hot patch available or it will be added to next release of plugin (I am not developer, so I am not able to fix that - I have to wait for developers response).

As for the GetResponse integration - it is not on plugin roadmap as there was not much interest in the past for this feature. But you can post a feature suggestion for it in our Features and Feedback section https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/feature-suggestions so members can vote it there.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.